X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songkran opening

Does anyone know the opening times of the Guess bar over Songkran? I arrive on the 13th April and want to make sure the place is open during my visit... thx

I think the open/ close time for Songkran are just the same as any other time.

rather you than me though, i fly home the day before the lunacy starts....good luck... you,ll need it!

btw
    dont have the exact time for Guess , its posted here somewhere along with directions...i tink it  opens at 3pm

Comment

(Tomcat @ Mar. 10 2007,21:14) I think the open/ close time  for Songkran are just the same as any other time.

rather you than me though, i fly home the day before the lunacy starts....good luck... you,ll need it!

btw
      dont have the exact time for Guess , its posted here somewhere along with directions...i tink it  opens at 3pm
      I agree! Being covered in dirty soapy ice water is not my idea of a good time!!!

Comment

Simple answer is that Jay has not decided when the bar will be open over Songkran. She will chat it through with the girls today and let me know to post it here.

Cheers
        Mardhi

Comment

I'll be up to my usual hermit activities this year (minus the whisky!)

Comment

I think Jay is inclined to be of the same opinion. Her initial reaction was probably the bar will be closed for the actual holiday for a couple of reasons:-

1. Apparently nobody is around
            2. The girls want to go upcountry
            3. She does not want her wooden floor and sofas ruined by water and powder.

However as I say, she will chat with the girls what they want to do (wierd, but she does actually consult the staff) and then decide from there.

Cheers
            Mardhi

Comment

(mardhi @ Mar. 11 2007,13:39) 3. She does not want her wooden floor and sofas ruined by water and powder.
              Yeah everyone will arrive soaked and covered in shit... good time to be closed.

Comment

I couldn't think of anything worse than being soaked and covered in powder for 5 days!!

Think it would be a good idea to close.

Do many farang visit at this time?
                seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I hope Jay and the girls take a holiday,  they deserve it

Im sure that will "piss off" the guys that are around during the songkran, but mobile phones are a wonderful thing, so why not get the girls numbers prior to the songkran and make arrangements with them IF they want to be available

As for Jay, this will give her the opportunity to drag mardhi out shopping again and compensate for her loss of earnings
                  Sorry mate could not resist that  

I think that the damage that will be caused to the Guess Bar opening during the songkran especially as its an indoor bar is just not worth the hassle and would be better of closing

Just my opinion

Dave...
                  Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                  Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

I can just imagine the damage the water and flour would do to the guess bar lounges. So If it was me I would either close or have a very strict policy on entry.

I think after about 6:00 Nana becomes a water free area if I am not mistaken soi 1 might be the same? Maybe Guess just opens later during Songkran to miss most of the water festivities.

Comment

Thinking about it - it could be a novel idea for a new product trial:-

"The Towel Job" First course is a hot wet towel to remove all cold water and powder all over the body (especially under your shorts), followed by a hot fluffy bath towel session to dry off and recuperate with a fine brandy.....

Only question would be, which girl would be best at a towel job and would she be able to finish the job before she finishes you LOL

Cheers
                      Mardhi

Comment

Are most of the places closed then?

I dont have alot of choice for when i visit, so its going to be a pain

Comment

Get there early hook up with a cutey and go up country.

Comment

Are the Nana bars shut down during Songkran (all or some of the 4-day weekend)? I hope not since the wife is gonna be away! That's my playtime!

Comment

no, they are open but many girls take holiday.
                              Nana has a no water after 6pm policy.
                              "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Working...
                              X