X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New beers started arriving already

After all the great things Snick has said, I cant wait to try the beer Laos. The good news its now in stock at Guess Bar and charged at the same price as all regular local beers, 110baht.

The supplier for John Smiths has been found and just waiting on a supply coming in the next few days.

Erdinger wont be far behind.

Belgium Beers are proving more problematic - ie Jay cant find who distributes them, but she is still looking.

Cheers
    Mardhi

Beer Lao is the best beer in SEAsia IMHO. Thailand did not import Beer Lao for lengthy periods of time for fear of competition. It blows the doors off of Singha. I am no beer expert but I go out of my way to buy Beer Lao at the Asian Supermarkets here, along with Asahi and Saporro.
    brock landers

Comment

Well I have tried the beer Lao and have to say find it extremely good Seems like others are agreeing as the first ran was finished in a couple of days - Jay tells me she has just ordered double the quantity which is already in the bar.

The John Smiths was due today, but looks like being in two days time. I think the price will be 190baht for 500ml can (0.9 pint) which compares favourably to most other places charging up to 250b a pint.

Cheers
      Mardhi

Comment

(mardhi @ May 15 2007,23:06) Well I have tried the beer Lao and have to say find it extremely good       Seems like others are agreeing as the first ran was finished in a couple of days - Jay tells me she has just ordered double the quantity which is already in the bar.Cheers  Mardhi
        In that case, TT Lao will be back soon, mardhi - to enjoy the excellent Guess Bar hospitality!    
        TT

Comment

Congrats on the John Smiths...

My body can't take the 'fizzy pop' style beers any more so this is welcome news...

Comment

(stogie bear @ May 15 2007,10:25) Congrats on the John Smiths...
            'fizzy pop' style beers
            amen to that statement........light, asian lagers...is there really much difference in these 'lawn mower" beers? Great for replacing the fluids as you mow the grass, but lacking in true beer, malt and hops character/body.
            ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

I tried Lao one time......no comment....

I'll stay on Chang....
              Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

I have only two things to say - Youngs and Wadworths 6X

RR.

PS. Bier Lao ain't too bad as a substitute
                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                Kahuna

Comment

BEER LAO . . . . .

Absolutely Fantastic.

Better than most bottled stuff.

John Smiths, is someone havong a laugh

Here in Yorkshire we have a wonderful saying,

If you think that the bottom's fallen out of your world, Drink Sam Smiths and you'll think the world's fallen out of your bottom,

Comment

Well the John Smiths has arrived so now the endless debates about the correct way to pour it will begin.....

It comes in a 500ml can with a widget to give it head when poured and its basically a full pint of English beer that according to the can is imported from Australia Price is a very reasonable (for an imported beer thats gone from England all the way to Australia, then half way back again) at 180baht. I seem to recall in Bullys the same pint is about 250 baht but would stand corrected from other experts.

Oh and the beer Lao is selling very well and a fine drop of beer it is too.

Cheers
                    Mardhi

Comment

Well the John Smiths has arrived so now the endless debates about the correct way to pour it will begin.....
                      DO NOT let a Thai pour it and you'll be OK. I'll open and pour my own, ta!

Comment

(stogie bear @ May 20 2007,12:34) I'll open and pour my own, ta!

RR.
                        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                        Kahuna

Comment

Fuck me... we agree AGAIN? I'm counting and that's three times this month!

Comment

(stogie bear @ May 20 2007,12:34)
                            DO NOT let a Thai pour it and you'll be OK. I'll open and pour my own, ta!  
                            Dont be a fucking spoilsport Stogie, let Gong pour it for you
                            Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                            Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

No! He'd only give him half the can!
                              seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Working...
                              X