Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its called poaching, and if you do, you certainly shouldnt get caught....
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Yes Franck's recollection of events is pretty much as I remember it, although he forgot to mention that he told Eat's that when he did not require her services, she was welcome to supplement her income working in 131 during the period in which she had been bar fined from Guess.
      That was what infuriated Jay and as I said to Franck at the time...''You were out of order mate''

So Franck, just enjoy three or four visits to Guess, regain Jay's confidence then you're back in business romping the crew and in the meantime don't expect everybody to play the game by your rules because I am fed up in seeing an old geezer like you keep on

Comment

(katoeylover @ Jul. 28 2007,05:15) I think its called poaching, and if you do, you certainly shouldnt get caught....
        Recruiting another businesses' employees is a common business practice and a very lucrative business in the USA and I suspect in many other countries as well...

They're often called recruiters, executive recruiters, management recruiters and headhunters...

But I suppose in the LB bar scene in LOS they would just be called cockhunters...
        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

sounds like a miss understanding due to language problems. poachiing lol in the land of smile hardly??
          just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Anyway, Happy upcoming birthday Stogie... my b-day is in September too. Wish I could make it and celebrate my 21st alongside you and your B-day(and the beauties at Guess too). Maybe next year!

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 27 2007,01:35) Aw, heck... it looks like nobody was coming anyway!

I'm now ganging up with Ozzie and TT Chang to have a bit of a shin dig with them as they are celebrating birthdays close together at the end of August!

Let me get this right... Franck went to The Guess Bar and offered a girl a job in his bar? Come on... say it ain't so!

(Where is the yellow smiley that's stirring the shit? I bet Stewart knows!)
              i think next time maybe a phone booth would be big enough to get all your pals in stogie  have a nice time anyway

Comment

I'll come, if you pay my airfare?
                have a good one, mate
                If she aint got a dick, she's just a chick!  

Comment

Too bad Gonna miss this shinding. . My B-day is on sept 1st.. will be in PTY..BKK around mid sept. May be i will throw a bash than
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the world"
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

I'll be out and about on the 1st with a few folks but there will also be an evening of entertainment with Ozzie and TT around the same time, too!

Comment

what sort of entertainment are you offering?

A couple of free Barfines from Kaos?
                      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Franck, two things are clear from this story:

1. If Jay thinks you wronged her, with regards to access to her bar, you wronged her; and

2. Jay applies different standards to her competition than she ever did to herself. No matter whether each and every girl who was part of the start of Guess were ill-treated and unhappy where they were, each and every one of them was approached in some way (subtle or otherwise) to leave and work somewhere else.

This shit happens in every professional sphere. How people deal with it tends to vary according to the business. In the LB bars market the response was never likely to be the most rational.

Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time

Comment

(newwriter @ Aug. 11 2007,18:55) Franck, two things are clear from this story:

1. If Jay thinks you wronged her, with regards to access to her bar, you wronged her; and

2. Jay applies different standards to her competition than she ever did to herself. No matter whether each and every girl who was part of the start of Guess were ill-treated and unhappy where they were, each and every one of them was approached in some way (subtle or otherwise) to leave and work somewhere else.

This shit happens in every professional sphere. How people deal with it tends to vary according to the business. In the LB bars market the response was never likely to be the most rational.
                          I have kept out of this discussion until now as frankly it bores me to tears. However just to clarify, Jays original team was not 'approached' - everyone of them applied once they saw what has happening with the bar - Nat, Nan and Eats all worked in regular GG beer bars in Sukhumvit Plaza. Jenny was not working in BKK and knew Koko, hence she came in and applied to Jay, Jane just came to help her sister and has never left (well ok she leaves everytime her and Jay have an arguement, but is always back the next day). Those were the original 6 salaried girls (Nat, Eat, Nan, Jane, Jenny, Koko). Fern started working in Junk Pub and spotted Guess bar and spoke to Jay in the toilet about getting a job. Pear, Beer and Joy all knew Jay from KC3 (especially Beer as they are close) and so they ASKED Jay for a job.

The remainder of the new staff have all applied themselves at the bar and Jay does NOT ask girls to come and work at Guess Bar as she believes (rightly or wrongly) that they will have some 'superior attitude' as a result of being 'headhunted'.

Some girls were approached but without fail, everyone of them (and there were 4) never even started after promising they would which lends credibility to her approach. Her approach is "if they want to work, they will make the effort to apply and start - if they cant do that, they are not worth having". Everyone of the original team is still at Guess Bar some 9 months later which seems to speak for itself.

As an example lots of girls came and spoke to Jay about working in Guess bar while she was in Pattaya for the dance party - everyone got the same answer - find yourself an apt in BKK, get settled and then come and apply - if we like you and your manner we will put you on a one month trial period to see how well you settle in with colleagues and customers. She also said to probably 50% of the girls that approached her - she would not even consider giving them a job, so dont rely on working at Guess Bar even if you do make the big move up to BKK.

Specifically as this relates to the incident with Frank - Jay believes its the 3rd such incident of trying to 'poach' staff out of Guess bar - the first two were let go by the wayside - the 3rd time it happened, she reacted firmly and said, its going to far.

The approach from Alis was that 131 had a party and not enough girls - Frank was offering to bring Eat down and pay her barfine and pay her - in return she had to work in 131 over that weekend. Jay actually said to Eat, she is perfectly entitled to go if she wanted to however by going she would effectively be resigning from the bar as Eats knew herself that the approach included the ability to work in 131 and would inevitably end up being photographed and put up on the internet. All Jay said to Eats was 'do you seriously believe you can earn the same money in Pattaya that you do in Bangkok - if you do; go, if you dont think twice about going" Eats then spoke to Jenny and Jenny laughed her head off and said, you will earn in Pattaya a fraction of what your earning in BKK - you would be stupid to go. Lots of discussion has then taken place among the girls themselves - thats the primary reason Jay said Frank can come back into the bar, however she has voluntarily said "dont try and barfine any girls" - because she knows that none of them after this incident would be comfortable in going with Frank due to this history and not wanting to get caught up in any further problems.

So there you have it - Frank is not barred anymore, however if he came into the bar, he is unlikely to find a girl that would be willing to go with him.

Cheers
                          Mardhi

Comment

(mardhi @ Aug. 11 2007,05:42) Fern spoke to Jay in the toilet about getting a job.  
                            Always be networking!

Comment

(mardhi @ Aug. 11 2007,20:42) However just to clarify, Jays original team was not 'approached' - everyone of them applied once they saw what has happening with the bar
                              Mardhi, if you say it happened this way then I have no reason to believe otherwise but you would have to acknowledge it's a risky venture opening a bar business that relies on the quality of staff with no plan to hire them other than hoping they like you and will approach you and ask to join up.

Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time

Comment

.....Sorry, think I will be the second week of September in Bkk...cause the rain In LOS is much warmer as in old Europe.....

Today I am arrived Atlanta and bill be in the Staates till the fourth or fiveth Sept....I will have the pleasure with a other Fat Boy...South to the West coast..
                                Pitty I am could'nt see when Stogie blow around 4 dozen candles off...
                                He should be give a great BJ...

So Stogie wish you all best for your party and what should I say....

"Happy Birthday"...and take it easy I will 48 on saturday...

Hope to see you in Guess in September..for some brews....

Dieter
                                Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

Working...
                                X