X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want a footrail in Guess

Guys there has been some debate as to whether or not a footrail would be a wise addition to Guess bar. Some say it would cost too much and make no difference. Others say any decent bar should have one and in fact by having one the guys would sit and drink longer because they are more comfortable and it would pay for itself in no time.

What do you think?

Yes a footrail would make have a few more drinks and make my stay more comfortable.
    0%
    No a footrail would make no difference to me as I am 7 foot tall and can put my feet on the ground.
    0%

I think it does make a difference, even though the stools have footrests on them?

Anyway, there is always the couches!
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

The reality is I dont know of any customer who has left because Guess bar does NOT have a footrail.    Infact considering NO ladyboy bar in BKK HAS a footrail, I still am of the view it does not make any difference whatsoever.    Maybe an idea is to spend the best part of a 1,000,000 baht open a bar and see if one with a footrail makes the slightest bit of difference in the overall profitability of the bar.  

My view remains that GIRLS, GIRLS, SERVICE, AMBIENCE, PRICING are what makes a bar a success, not a footrail.    

EDIT and incidentally, the key to running a business, is actually having enough money to not only pay your bills and staff, but to factor in certain other unexpected costs. Easily overlooked as I am sure we will see when a bar in Pattaya undergoes some changes in the next few weeks. Somethings are critical for growth and profit, others are nice to do. When you run out of criticals, you look at nice to do's, as funds allow once the must do's have been paid for - business is really that simple.

Cheers
      Mardhi

Comment

What would make me stay longer and spend more ?

For me it would be a PS2 with Guitar hero on it,

Very simple, very cheap, VERY ADDICTIVE

Got to be better than a footrail

Comment

com'on guys, have we nothing better to do than write about a footrail. If TT wants one then i am sure he can work it out with Jay, does the problem have to be discussed around the world, sure his first comment was slightly tongue in cheek. Back in LOS in 12 days and I for one will not be looking at the footrail if one is fitted or not, better things to look at in the bar.
          harris11

Comment

The reality is I dont know of any customer who has left because Guess bar does NOT have a footrail...
            The reality is that most bars that are built to last are designed around the comfort of its' patrons. I'd be careful of being too dismissive about what your most loyal and spendy customers would prefer to see.

Even offering to consider such an improvement would be better than being outrightly hostile to the idea. I'm surprised that this poll has been initiated by a customer!

If you don't think it's the little things that count then let me tell you that I don't go to the shitpits because one of them charges 135 baht for a beer. That's just 10 Baht more than my tolerance for buying beer will allow. Sure - I'm not a big loss to the shitpits and I'm sure my seat will soon be filled by a hungry (or thirsty) tourist!

I go to The Guess Bar for the peanuts and I don't know of a customer who has STAYED later because of them but it's still a nice touch! I'd stay longer if there wasn't so much noise and I'd barfine a girl if there was one that I liked. Maybe I'm too demanding, eh? Fucking customers!

Comment

Hell yes a footrail would be great!

I love to have a drink or three standing up at the bar. A nice footrail to prop up on always beats standing flatfooted. It's a huge comfort factor, and whenever I'm leaning in for drinks the footrail does a lot to relieve foot/leg fatigue.

But mostly they're just comfortable, whether your standing or sitting, at any bar.  

Comment

(stogie bear @ Aug. 28 2007,10:30)
                The reality is I dont know of any customer who has left because Guess bar does NOT have a footrail...
                The reality is that most bars that are built to last are designed around the comfort of its' patrons. I'd be careful of being too dismissive about what your most loyal and spendy customers would prefer to see.

Even offering to consider such an improvement would be better than being outrightly hostile to the idea. I'm surprised that this poll has been initiated by a customer!

If you don't think it's the little things that count then let me tell you that I don't go to the shitpits because one of them charges 135 baht for a beer. That's just 10 Baht more than my tolerance for buying beer will allow. Sure - I'm not a big loss to the shitpits and I'm sure my seat will soon be filled by a hungry (or thirsty) tourist!

I go to The Guess Bar for the peanuts and I don't know of a customer who has STAYED later because of them but it's still a nice touch! I'd stay longer if there wasn't so much noise and I'd barfine a girl if there was one that I liked. Maybe I'm too demanding, eh? Fucking customers!  
                Not sure why you are being so quickly dismissive of this idea? As Stogie says it is the little things that make someone make a return visit to a bar.

Also the comparison with the Nana bars etc does not make sense to me as they have a different type of seating and also they have 5-10 times more girls at any one time so people are going there not to drink and have a conversation but to look at the talent and bar fine a girl.

Most people I know go to Guess because it is more comfortable to just sit and drink and have a conversation with your mates.

I think once you start to take your best customers for granted they will find other places to spend their money.

Just my 2 bahts worth.

Comment

I'm ain't gonna get in this arguement...pardon...discussion...

I'm too short and drink too much, it would only be a handrail for me anyway...
                  "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(ozzie @ Aug. 28 2007,10:50)
                    (stogie bear @ Aug. 28 2007,10:30)

Not sure why you are being so quickly dismissive of this idea? As Stogie says it is the little things that make someone make a return visit to a bar.

Also the comparison with the Nana bars etc does not make sense to me as they have a different type of seating and also they have 5-10 times more girls at any one time so people are going there not to drink and have a conversation but to look at the talent and bar fine a girl.

Most people I know go to Guess because it is more comfortable to just sit and drink and have a conversation with your mates.

I think once you start to take your best customers for granted they will find other places to spend their money.

Just my 2 bahts worth.

I am not being dismissive of the idea however its a simple case of cost/benefit business decision making. In Jays mind and I would agree, other factors are higher up the list than a bar rail. For example, making the bar bigger to allow pool tables is her number one priority right now, second will be increasing the head count of staff. As it is she already 20 employees on salary which I would imagine is similar in number to Temptations and approaching Casanova.

Guess Bar supports itself and Jay makes the decisions and funds its growth from retained profits. There is no huge pot of money just waiting to be tapped and I have not funded any growth of the bar.

I am sure once she has completed the increase in size, she will consider it, but it will be in her time and when she feels it can be accomodated and paid for comfortably from those retained earnings.

Cheers
                    Mardhi

Comment

(kahuna @ Aug. 28 2007,12:06) I'm ain't gonna get in this arguement...pardon...discussion...

I'm too short and drink too much, it would only be a handrail for me anyway...

And when I can't sit on a bar stool anymore - I am more than happy to avail myself of the Couch.

now about the jello wrestling section....
                      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Is a foot rail really all that expensive? Seems like it could be a really cheap addition if you know a good handyman. (I see another Thai job in my future after waxing and Pattaya restaurant developer.) Yes, you should have one by the way.

Comment

(Snick @ Aug. 28 2007,13:22) And when I can't sit on a bar stool anymore - I am more than happy to avail myself of the Couch.

now about the jello wrestling section....
                          And when I can't hold on to the floor any longer, I can always find my way to a couch as well...
                          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

As it is she already 20 employees on salary which I would imagine is similar in number to Temptations and approaching Casanova.      
                            I was trying to think who the 20 are and the best I could come up with was

Joy, Eats, Pear, Jane, Nan, Nat, Fah, Ohm/Dtom, Fern, Jenny, Nim, Mut, Mimi, Beer

I believe Mint/Naam, Pang and Nui are freelancers as they come and go as they please and that Yo has not been seen for weeks?

Comment

Regular attention from Mimy will definitely keep my attention from wandering to the footrail.....

So, Girls first, but anyone surprised .... I voted 'YES' ?!
                              TT

Comment

Working...
                              X