X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food in The Guess Bar?

Has Jay thought about lining up one or more of the local restaurants to provide food for the guests of The Guesss Bar?

Even a nice pizza or Italian place would be nice...

One thing I'd like to do sometimes when I go there is to look at a simple menu of Western style food and eat there rather than go to two places - one to eat and one to relax!

Even a couple of those "FoodByPhone" catalogues would be a good idea... That way there's absolutely NO work from the bar side and blokes like us can get decent food too.

Or we could just collect some menus and leave them with Gong at the bar.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

But would they deliver?

Comment

Many places do - in their immediate area, I have a collection of 30+ menus that deliver near me.
        Some add a delivery charge, and some have a minimum. But both amounts are minimal.

I don't live near Guess, so my menus would be no good.

Comment

Snick's right most places will deliver a short distance (5 minutes walk roughly) even if they don't say so.
          Herself gets stuff sent up to her apartment frequently.

Anyway you could always send one of the girls out to get your meat and two veg

RR.
          Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
          Kahuna

Comment

(Road Runner @ Sep. 30 2007,21:08) Snick's right...
            Must have really hurt having to say that

Comment

Your got yer Mother in a whirl
              Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Nothing wrong with the little Thai place next door. Great food at minimal cost.

Learn to eat the local cuisine Stogie

Comment

Nah... I'd rather live longer and eat proper food out of a tin!

Comment

Ozzie is right, Thai food is aroy mak! Delicious and cheap! But for those with delicate palates, maybe a bit too spicy.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                    Membership Levels
                    The Rookie Thread
                    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Thai food isn't spicy, it's peppery. Indian food is spicy and I like spicy... Thai food is just burned peppers in a dirty pan with aged oil.

Comment

I agree with Rollo, but there is great seafood in LOS.

A few decent menus would be a great addition to Guess!
                        seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Its something that is on the plan to be concluded. Only problem is muggins here needs to be the farang food tester and help Jay facilitate it. As it is, got as far as ONE italian place in Soi1 - nice food, but not cheap. Need to widen the scope but its surprising how few other restaurants there are in the area that would even contemplate it.

As it is, Jay has menus for all the regular delivery services ie KFC, Pizza hut, the Pizza place in Soi 4 (Rocky's or something like that) as well as all the Thai food next door.

To be honest, its me delaying things as I have so much real work going on at the moment, the last thing I can motivate myself to do is go and help her with farang food for the bar. It will come in time, but not yet as I am overloaded with work at the moment for my own business.

Having said that, I know Jay got pissed off the other day when someone ordered food from the Thai place, with one of Jays staff going down to order it and he paid the 40 baht or whatever, and then asked the staff for tissues and to clear the plates and left exactly a ZERO baht tip and not even a thank you when he paid his bill. You can imagine her reaction to that event after he had left and I stopped listening after the "what kind of man does he think he is, we are not here to provide restaurant service for farang not even give small tip to the girl or even just say thank you or buy her a drink" and it was pissing with rain when she went down there.

Cheers
                          Mardhi

Comment

(mardhi @ Sep. 30 2007,19:49) Only problem is muggins here needs to be the farang food tester..
                            Get Stogie to do the falang food testing as he refuses to eat Thai food!      

(mardhi @ Sep. 30 2007,19:49) Having said that, I know Jay got pissed off the other day when someone ordered food from the Thai place, with one of Jays staff going down to order it and he paid the 40 baht or whatever, and then asked the staff for tissues and to clear the plates and left exactly a ZERO baht tip and not even a thank you when he paid his bill.
                            Personaly I don't think it would hurt business to say to the customers that:-  'Yes we will order out and send someone to get it   -  
                            But!  it's 50-100 Baht (depending on the size of order/distance) to get it for you.'

OK on a 40 Baht order 50 Baht appears excessive  -  but most falang customers would pay that happily as it's less than half a beer.

You could put a sticky label on the menus around the bar to that effect  -  but leave it flexible as to if you apply it to the better payers.

RR.
                            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                            Kahuna

Comment

All good stuff RR - but I gave up listening when she went off on one about that incident - all I remember is "good customer, no problem" (and I think she said people like Ozzie etc), "other customer, let them go and get there own." Funny enough when I asked where is Burger King menu she told me she had thrown it away - guess that shows where I am in the pecking order

Cheers
                              Mardhi

Comment

Working...
                              X