X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough is eough already.

O.K. O.K. I know it's near the end of the rainy season but these past days have been crazy. It is cool, relatively speaking of course, no rain for a few days and then BOOM, the skies open and it rains for 21 straight hours. Mind you, I like the rain, for starters I don't have to water twice a day and my garden is looking mighty fine these days. The roof is holding its own, no leaks. However on Bow's homefront in Krasang it's an entirely different matter.
    The rain has caused a lot of problems for her family. To get into their home you step down and because of this whenever it rains a lot there is the real chance of a lot of rain pouring into the home. This past week Bow and me were sleeping soundly in the home in Surin when her mobile went off, it was her Mama telling Bow and me to come to Krasang quickly as the rain that had been going for 21 hours had flooded their home. When we got there at least a foot of rain was on the floor of the living room. Her Mama, Papa, sisters and neighbors were trying to get the furniture upstairs as quickly as possible. After about two hours everything was out of the way and we could go about the cleanup. By this time the rain in the Krasang area had let up enough to make good headway. This happens every year and Bow told me that it was a fact of life for her family and they know how to deal it with it. I tried to explain the use of sand bags as a precautionary measure but that fell on deaf ears.
    You just never know what's going to come up. I have always believed that live is an adventure. Being married to an LB, having a home in Thailand, taking care of Bow and her family certainly have made my life one hell of an adventure. An e-ticket ride for sure and not for the faint of heart. Later guys, hope you are all doing O.K.

How much does it take make a fence out of sticks and mud, like a boundary fence, if it is big enough like 3 ft tall it should easily be erected close to the area that rain flows down, and if it's strong enough the back up of clay and mud when dried out afterwards can help as compose for the garden or fields.
    i love t-girls

Comment

Just sounds like the UK in July
      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

What yer complaining about?

Try living in Manchester , its pissing down and fuckin freezin now and this is the norm
        Your got yer Mother in a whirl
        Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Pogue

I helped a Thai family out with a similar problem

Their house was a typical Thai wooden structure mounted on 9 vertical concrete columns.
          They wanted to enclose downstairs for better accommodation. To do this they needed more height not only for head clearance but to raise the floor above the level of the yard.

The house was 'jacked' up and remounted on new taller pillars. It was not that expensive and solved all the problems.

Good luck for the next wet season

Comment

Working...
          X