X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started in LOS

Well it appears my time in Vietnam is at an end, the reason being I am finally permanently offshore on rotation (4 weeks on, 4 off) and the fact that my scumbag landlady here sold my house out form under me with 8 months left on the lease. (Leaving me 10 days to vacate.)
    It doesn't seem worthwhile renting another fuck-pad, so I might as well move to LOS and get away from the venality and nastiness of Vietnam. (There has been a lot of beatings and machete action of late.)

I am only 47, so too young for self funded retiree status I believe.

Therefore I think I need a lawyer in LOS who can help guide me through the minefield of Thai Immigration.

Any suggestions? Any one got a family retainer they trust?

Look forward to your replies (PLEASE!)

Foxxee.
    f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

You after a business visa?

Comment

Hi Stogie,

Not really sure what the options for a person who works rotations are. I guess I need what ever it takes to allow me to lease a house/condo short term, then buy a house/condo long term.

I guess aging three years is not an option!

Any hints Stogie? (Please note: Stogie, not stoogie, Stogey etc. etc. etc. Saw your wrathful reply to someone earlier today.... )
      f0xxee

Comment

I guess the reason I asked for a lawyer is two-fold:

1. I get the shits with people using me as a tourism/immigration/boooking agency for Vietnam, with thousands of mindless questions taking up a lot of my time. I don't want to inflict that on others,

and;

2. I am happy to pay a lawyer so that if they advise wrongly I retain the right to scream and abuse them, something that is awfully rude when the advise given is for free.

I have had a butchers at business and investment visas.... still not really sure what the best bet is.
        f0xxee

Comment

You dont a visa of any kind - just come in and out on 30 day visa on arrivals - you dont need a visa to lease a property or indeed to buy one. Personally I would not bother unless your looking for a residence permit which would mean you have to reside and pay income tax for at least 3 years without a break. Its a LOT of hassle for little benefit.

Cheers
          Mardhi

Comment

If you are going to be here for any length of time then it does pay to get a Visa.

Mine is a non-imm 'B' which means I have to do visa runs every 90 days and renew the visa every 15 months.

Comment

Thank you both Mardhi and Stogie for the sage advice.

The point made by Mardhi is a good one in my instance, as I am on a 28 day rotation is is highly unlikely I will ever be there over 25 days.

Thanks gents, I think I might just look for a nice place to rent and then delve deeper into the merde that is Thai Immigration.

Next question:

Where?

I kind of like Mae Phim or Rayon.

But Hua Hin has its appeal too!

Soi Nana???
              f0xxee

Comment

Rayon?? Don't be ridiculous...

Too far to ride the Ducati home after a night of whoring in Pattaya, only a matter of time before you push your luck too far...    

No foxxee, you need a place in close proximity to Pattaya, or right in town, either way, everything you need is right there.

Not much further to the airport now the new freeway is built, & without the gridlock of Bangkok's traffic.

More bars, more girls, cheaper restaurants, cheaper for most things, what more convincing do you need?      

As for Hua Hin & the other place (where is it?), you can always visit but you know you'll go stir crazy in a small town. Think man, think!! It's a no-brainer...    
                Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Working...
                X