X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best/cheapest 3G solution for iPhone

I use internet quite a bit on my iPhone, anyone know what provides offers the best/cheapest 3G network in Thailand?

I only stay in cities (Bangkok, Pattaya, etc.) so I do not really care if the provider doesn't cover the whole of Thailand.
    Back in LOS in February  

Currently Thailand uses the edge network which is similar to 3g but would maybe take 5-7secs slower to load a 1mb file compared to 3g. 3g is being worked on... I didn't pick it up with my iphone 3g this month while I was there in LOS.
    Butterfly number 1

Comment

Thanks for your feedback Drift Spunk.

I've been using EDGE for a while and it is ok, and I guess I just have to wait until the 3G network is ready then.
      Back in LOS in February  

Comment

EDGE vs 3G is no comparison. EDGE sucks ass while 3G is moderately bearable. I thought DTAC already rolled out a 3G network earlier this year?
        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

I don't mind using Edge for its speed but the cost kills me. I'm on AIS and using a pre-paid plan. The money drains very quickly if I use the internet from my phone so I keep the Edge disabled (via BossPrefs) until I'm in a situation where I need to use it [many apps will use the internet if available but don't need it to function].
          My favorite use so far is checking out where I'm going when a taxi driver makes an unfamiliar turn.

If you're serious about using Edge/3G definitely look into a subscription based plan.

Comment

(johnlbx @ Apr. 12 2009,06:53) I don't mind using Edge for its speed but the cost kills me. I'm on AIS and using a pre-paid plan. The money drains very quickly if I use the internet from my phone so I keep the Edge disabled (via BossPrefs) until I'm in a situation where I need to use it [many apps will use the internet if available but don't need it to function].
            You may already have this, but AIS has Edge minutes in larger bundles for those with 1-2-call.

1200 min for 100 baht
            3000 min for 200 baht
            6000 min for 350 baht
            unlimited for 1000 baht
            Dial *138 for info

Comment

Working...
            X