X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Thailand known for?

The only mildly interesting thing about this article (12 months old) is the reference to Ladyboys being an attraction of Thailand. Now of course we all agree but is it that obvious to the general population?

Not that it really matters but I wonder how many people realise the purpose of my visits to LOS is for the Ladyboys? I am sure the unmentioned suspicion is that I am a dirty shagging bastard, but I never gave it much thought that the folk with knowledge of my travels would suspect ladyboys might be the attraction.    

By MARC WEBBER
    Sun Money

Published: 01 Apr 2008

FED up with forking out astronomical fees to the local dentist, more Brits than ever before are finding out it's cheaper to go abroad for treatment than go private here.

Whilst popping over to POLAND has been one of the options taken by Brits needing a bridge or filling, a growing number are seeking treatment in THAILAND.

There's been a 50 percent rise in the number of UK citizens considering dental treatment in the 'Land of Smiles', according to 'dental tourism' tracking service, RevaHealth.com.

They claim that one in ten of us searching the internet for dental treatment abroad last month were planning to have it done in Thailand.

So, apart from the lady boys, what's the attraction?

Savings

Well, it seems the savings that can be made by being treated in Thailand rather than the UK are considerable.

For example, a veneer in the UK costs, on average £500, whereas in Thailand it is a mere £150, a saving of 70 per cent.

Similarly, a dental implant in the UK will set you back £2,000 on average, whereas the same treatment in Thailand costs around £900 - enough difference to pay for the air fare!

"We know that a good number of these people will be considering treatment on the back of prearranged holidays, which makes sense given the quality of the Thai dental system and the money that can be saved," said RevaHealth boss Caelen King.

"However, others will be looking to travel to Thailand specifically for treatment, but will enjoy a holiday while they€™re out there and still return better off than if they had been treated in the UK."

The picture that accompanied the article is meant to be a ladyboy.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X