First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFL Sunday Ticket

Got this in the 'IN' tray today...

Dear Stogie,
    You had mentioned last fall that you were signing up for NFL Sunday Ticket, that allows for watching the games live online.
    How did that work for you? Was it good quality viewing or was there usually a lot of buffering because the connection wasn't always fast enough?
    Were you able to get the games too that were being televised back here on NFL Network? I was guessing they were not probably part of the Sunday Ticket package because they were usually on Thursday nights here, so Friday mornings there.
    I was planning on buying a lap top to take there next time because I'm guessing I'd find a better price here. What would you suggest for CPU on a lap top to watch live football and have it be good quality viewing? I think you said once you have a fairly large monitor on your lap top, 19" maybe? I guess that helps a lot too. Are the dsl ISPs all good enough there or is wireless better?
    Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    Best Regards

Luckily for us here in Thailand almost all the games start when it is 'low season' on bandwidth usage. The games begin from midnight, so streaming them wasn't a problem.

If I wanted to watch the repeats during the day then I'd run into 'buffering' problems.

Obviously you need broadband and I don't know about Pattaya but in Bangkok the broadband is pretty reasonable during the night.

NFL Network games ARE part of the Sunday Ticket programming options. Almost all the games are.

So long as you can get decent internet up/down speed then any new lap top is going to be fast enough. You don't need special specs.

Actually there are various tests you can run on the NFL site BEFORE you buy to make sure that you will get a decent picture.

My screen is a 24 inch one and it's great for watching the games in bed! These large monitors are so cheap now that I'd recommend buying one and plugging it in to your lap top.

The Sunday and Monday night games were a pain though because they start at breakfast time which is when the bandwidth is all sucked up by the rest of Thailand.

One minor quibble was that every now and then a game wold 'freeze' and I'd have to either reboot the computer or close down my browser and sign back in... but these incidents didn't happen very often.

Comment

Thank you for your informative reply Mr Bear. I do not know if I could totally enjoy living in LOS without being able to see my Dolphins every week during the season. Sounds like it won't be a problem. I'll bring a lap top and look for a buy on one of the large monitors to plug in to it.

I think, on the Sunday and Monday night games, our good friend Mr PigDogg said there is a good bar to watch them at since they will be prime time and therefore I'm thinking on the television, with free chili to eat and reasonably priced various refreshing beverages. I'll have to get precise coordinates on the location of this wonderful sounding establishment. He told me, but I do not still recall it.
      “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
      ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Just thinking...lying in bed with a cute naked femboy snuggled up close using one's shoulder for her pillow, watching football on a 24" monitor, some slices of ripe juicy mango to snack on...man, could life get any better than that??

I think not.
        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Well that won't happen. The NFL is the reason houses come with a spare room!

Go Saints!

Comment

I setup a SlingBox here in my basement and have tested it through to a friend in Thailand... It works so well that he's now using it all the time and loves it. So get someone you know to Sling it to you... it costs nothing.

Comment

http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox

Comment

(BAM @ Apr. 20 2009,03:15) I setup a SlingBox here in my basement and have tested it through to a friend in Thailand... It works so well that he's now using it all the time and loves it. So get someone you know to Sling it to you... it costs nothing.

Bam you must be the #1 computer authority geek in the world. That is so cool!!

Is it ok to just PM you whenever I need to know something about computers?
                ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

bam is the tech/it guru of the forum!

He'll give you good advice!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                  Membership Levels
                  The Rookie Thread
                  New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                  Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Working...
                  X