X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can U Buy SIM Cards At 7/11?

I always top up at 7/11 but I've always bought SIM cards at TukCom and I don't like going to five different vendors to get the correct, low price.

Can u buy a SIM at 7/11? How much?

This is the type of question I'd normally direct to you
    No honey, no money!!

Comment

I bought one in 7/11 or FamilyMart 3 years ago PD, so guess you still can. Think it was 200 baht and 50 baht credit on it.

Comment

I bought one at 7/11 across the lot from Guess bar back in January. I believe it was around 300 baht.

Comment

(bigmick22 @ Apr. 21 2009,14:16) This is the type of question I'd normally direct to you
          Yeah, I know and if in Patts would check it out Mick.

I was reading the thread by the guy who wants to buy a phone and would tell him to buy a 1000 baht phone a TukCom.

But when I bought my phone and more recently a phone for a buddy that was going to the LOS for the first time, I remember many vendors trying to sell a SIM for 300 baht cause it just seems so reasonable.

But one vendor was willing to sell one for 50 baht. So if 7/11 sells them I figure 50 baht would be the price and it's best to buy one in 7/11 a few minutes before you buy a phone at TukCom.

I think the companies keep the SIMs cheap cause there big profit comes from selling minutes.

Comment

After some thought I think I got a top off card at the same time, so I may not be correct about the 300 baht. It was 3 months ago afterall.

Comment

Not normally but it wouldn't surprise me if a few 7/11s located in tourist hot spots sell them.

Comment

A lot do, not all. Its kind of hit and miss.
                "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

You can buy them for 50 baht all day long at TukCom...

Why would you want to go shopping at overpriced 7/11?
                  "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

What exactly to do say to get it for 50 Khun Kahuna?

I have to go to three or four different vendors to get the 50 baht price.

Comment

I think there is a bit of confusion on this thread between buying a mobile phone number, buying credit for the number and the number and credit combo package.

If it is a number you are looking for then not many 7/11s sell them. If it is credit then they all do. The combos are more likely to be found in phone shops which are ubiquitous in Thailand.

Comment

Yep I got My last 1-2-call sim, from 7/11 BKK soi 4 ,me thinks 100 baht or so !
                        Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Last trip I got mine from Tukcom only 50BT, with 15bt credit. I hate hassling for correct price, but 50Bt is very reasonable price to pay.
                          "Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the world"
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

I bought 3, 1-2 Call (AIS) sims at 7/11 in the past few weeks. 50baht each. No sweat.
                            Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

I buy my sim with some time for either 200 or 300 (up to you) at the airport as I fly in. The phone booths are down one flight of stairs from arrivals area. Easy to spot them, then you are all set up from the git go. Works for me, of course I only get there once a year so sim lapses, no problem, get new one next year at the airport phone company stand.

Comment

Working...
                              X