X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Thai Law

I've been thinking today about thai law on prostitution and pimping, and then about "eden club".

I'm pretty positive that pimping and running a brothel is illegal in thailand.
    Am I right?

If I am right, what is the "twist" that allows places like Eden Club to exist?

(manarak @ Apr. 27 2009,23:59) If I am right, what is the "twist" that allows places like Eden Club to exist?
    Money.

Comment

(Stogie @ Apr. 27 2009,18:04) Money.
      Funny - that's the very first word that came into my head.

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

so you mean the police gets paid?

I mean, the place is notorious, as are some others.

Shouldn't then more people be paid?

Like the prosecutor's office and the place's competitors?

Comment

Everyone pays and gets paid.
          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Kinaree Gentlemans Club in Pattaya probably did not pay up and got raided and shut down....
            Lost in Space!

Comment

(manarak @ Apr. 27 2009,23:59) I'm pretty positive that pimping and running a brothel is illegal in thailand.
              Am I right?
              All brothels are illegal in Thailand.

Some brothels a more illegal than others.....
              Lost in Space!

Comment

I wonder how "hungry" the police are.

Do they check the books and take 50% of the profit?
                more?

Comment

you thinking of opening a brothel or some other illegal enterprise manarak?
                  No honey, no money!!

Comment

Think there will be quite a few up for grabs soon
                    Lost in Space!

Comment

(bigmick22 @ Apr. 28 2009,19:04) you thinking of opening a brothel or some other illegal enterprise manarak?
                      never!

I plan to move to Thailand, so I wouldn't take any chances that could jeopardize my residency permit!

no no ... it is the usual story of "I know someone who..."

As a farang, he's planning to open a "private club".

I tried to explain him everything, especially how deep in the shit he could dig himself doing that and the fact that either he'll lose the resort or worse, he'll end up in jail.

Of course, renowned "experts" of worldwide real estate agency assured him that what he is planning is legal in Thailand.
                      I also suspect they offered buildings & land for sale...
                      Of course, those guys are the same who get the commission if he makes the deal.

So, now I am explaining him how things would work out in the best of cases: he is allowed by the local colonels to run his business, but they squeeze him like a lemon...

Comment

I suspect that opening a "private club" anywhere in the world will require kickbacks to someone and will, invariably, involve having to deal with dodgy characters

Up to him - I know I wouldn't
                        No honey, no money!!

Comment

opening a "private club" anywhere in the world will require kickbacks to someone
                          not necessarily - in countries where such clubs are legal, there are no such obligations.

Comment

(bigmick22 @ Apr. 28 2009,12:03) I suspect that opening a "private club" anywhere in the world will require kickbacks to someone and will, invariably, involve having to deal with dodgy characters

Up to him - I know I wouldn't
                            Me neither. I love being there, but do not care to own anything there except my personal items. I cannot see the advantage in owning a motorbike, car, condo, anything. For the initial costs and subsequent potential headaches, I can pay for a lot of taxis or baht buses or get off my lazy ass and walk. Same with a condo. Rent is so cheap, why tie oneself down to one city like that? I'd think a bar, brothel, etc, would just be a more extreme version of a potential albatross. I would really rather not even have a bank account there, but now they say it's easier to get a retirement visa if you have one. So that may be a necessary evil.
                            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Eden is "just a bar", "nothing" actually takes place on the premises. You have to go down the block, rest "up to you", or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X