X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Prices Go Up In The LOS

Substantial excise tax increase of 3 baht per can or bottle.  This makes the 20 baht can of Beer Chang bought at a big supermarket goes up to 23 baht, a 15% price increase.    

Also big tax increase for booze and smokes.

this is another bit of sad news........thanks for posting,still,once in LOS and under the influence of a few beers and the charms of a "lady" i doubt it will curb ones enthusiasm ............but one does wonder at a time when for sure the tourism industry is suffering? to increase prices isnt good? TIT.
    robbo

Comment

Well, fuck all that. I'm off back to Blighty, then!

Comment

now spoken like a true brit,i like your patrotism and i do hope your sincere...............what time does your flight get in to heathrow stogie?
        robbo

Comment

As if the price of the shittest Beer in Asia isn't enough already. Some after hours spots in Bangkok already charge 300 baht (6 quid) for a bottle of Singha.

Comment

(baroncarlton @ May 09 2009,21:52) Some after hours spots in Bangkok already charge 300 baht (6 quid) for a bottle of Singha.
            that's pretty funny!

you'd have to be pretty wired up on something to have the need to stay out at a bar at 4am and say "OK" when they quote you 300B for that garbage.

I still think 23baht for a bottle of Chang is fine, and my favorite bar in the world still sells it for 50 bucks a pop ..... nothing like getting hammered on 6 or 7 Changs at a cool bar filled with beautiful girls and playing great music all for under 10 bucks.
            Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

3 baht increase, wow thats steep
              That kinda change will force some out of the LOS and out of retirment back to work the ole jobs in their home countries.

I mean with increases like that who can afford to live in the LOS
              You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

at least the fuck tax remains at 0%, lets hope they never figure out how to raise that !
                "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Bravo Snick. At least one guy has his priorities in a sensible order.

As much beer as I drink, 3 baht a bottle won't effect me much either way.

If it seems excessive, no time like the present to switch to tea, iced or hot, whichever your preference.
                  “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                  ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

I've been drinking 660 cl bottles of beer for 43 baht and was horrified at bars in lower Sukh charging 130 baht for a 330cl bottle

I'm staying home!
                    No honey, no money!!

Comment

Fuel's going up by B10 per litre next month as well
                      I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Is there a dictionary of acronyms that a new member can refer to?

Is "LOS" Land of Shemales? What are "GG"'s? ... etc. ... etc. ...etc ...

Comment

LOS = Land of Smiles = Thailand

GG = genetic girl

Just ask away when you're stumped...BMs (board members) will answer...

Soon you'll be an old hand here...

Welcome...
                          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(kahuna @ May 20 2009,05:57) LOS  = Land of Smiles  =  Thailand
                            kahuna,

Land of Smiles/Shemales - same:same ...  

Thanks for the comeback and the welcome.  Cheers to you!      

Comment

(Ivor Biggun @ May 17 2009,21:20) Fuel's going up by B10 per litre next month as well
                              sorry- should have been 10% or B2 a litre- got the original info from a guy who can't read very well. Possibly staggered, one baht next month and one the month after
                              I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Working...
                              X