X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candy House in Patong, Phuket?

After seeing Boar Hog mention Candy House, I searched it and for Patong it seems to be a pretty good monthly rate.

http://phuketdir.com/candyhouse/
    Especially if that price includes electric, and water, etc.

Not as cheap as one can find in Pattaya, when one considers size of the room and amenities such as pool, but for Patong that appears to be a very good deal.

Does anyone know of a better price for monthly rates in Patong?
    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

You thinking of chucking it all in and joining some of us over here, Lefty??
    Be careful out there!

Comment

(BlueBallz @ May 11 2009,14:51) You thinking of chucking it all in and joining some of us over here, Lefty??
      Just what I was thinking!

Comment

(BlueBallz @ May 11 2009,00:51) You thinking of chucking it all in and joining some of us over here, Lefty??
        Are you retired and there full time now BB? Very happy for you if so.
        If so, where are you living?

Not necessary for me to chuck everything to join you though.

All things considered I think Patts is a better option, but considering all others as well.
        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(Lefty @ May 11 2009,06:19) After seeing Boar Hog mention Candy House, I searched it and for Patong it seems to be a pretty good monthly rate.

http://phuketdir.com/candyhouse/
          Especially if that price includes electric, and water, etc.

Not as cheap as one can find in Pattaya, when one considers size of the room and amenities such as pool, but for Patong that appears to be a very good deal.

Does anyone know of a better price for monthly rates in Patong?
          Lefty I have stayed here on two different occasions. 1st time I rented it for a month. this last time I rented it for 2 weeks and was able to negotiate a half months price stay with them for half the cost of a month. I also get a motoerbike from them for 1000 baht a week, and this was all during high season. Just make sure you do it enough in advance because plenty of people are finding out about it.

It ladyboy friendly as many lb's live there, (4 rooms) of them then. the manager doesn't speak much english but if your emailing them to negotiate or make transfer, they get back to you in good english and in 2 days or less I found. They also have wifi now. If you don't want to rent a bike, then u can get a ride to Bangla for 40 baht on motoerbike taxi. Water is nothing but have to pay electric to which comes out of your deposit, which I got more than I thought I would back.

Has satelite TV, big fridge, A/C, nice clean toilet/shower. they will clean and give you new towels every 5 days. Has key card security.

Here are some shots in the room. I always like having a balcony which this had unfortunately the one they gave me was on 4th floor. Lived next to Emmy in bottom photo with Mint. Top pictures are Aum.

Had a couple real bargains fall into my lap at Candy house, 2 different ones back to back after 4 a.m.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot. It seems unusually low priced for Patong. A very good price. Perhaps not being very close to Bangla is why it is lower. How long would it take to walk from there to Bangla? Too far for it to be a comfortable walk?
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

(Lefty @ May 11 2009,20:43) Thanks a lot. It seems unusually low priced for Patong. A very good price. Perhaps not being very close to Bangla is why it is lower. How long would it take to walk from there to Bangla? Too far for it to be a comfortable walk?
              Its probably about 2 or 3K, I have walked home but don't like swetting on a walk to Bangla.

When I have a bike I park at Paradise Soi, sometimes hard to find a spot, but saves you another 20 baht rather than parking on that soi where they now charge you. Used to get free parking there, if on road and not in lot which was further away. Quite a few lbs also have motorbikes now, so if you hook up with them thats a free ride home.

Pat, and C are two at C&D's I know have bikes. I enjoy having my own bike, because it gives you access to the whole island, and its such a pleasure taking a scenic ride to any of the beaches with a sweet ladyboys arms wrapped around you.
              Attached Files

Comment

Would you just buy your own motorbike if you were going to live there for several months or longer? I wonder at what point it becomes more economically practical to just buy one.
                ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

In a word yes! you can get a new one for 46,000, but if its just for a few months then buy a used one. sure you could make a ladyboy very happy when you leave and give that to her. Perhaps you could put her on a payment plan before then.

You will be hard pressed to get one for less than 1000 week rental. Don't know what tags cost. check your travellor insurance to see if your covered. also remember if you get in accident with a Thai its never their fault. Also need motor cycle liscense unless you don't care about paying the 300 baht ticket. If you have a special vehical liscense you can bullshit the police and say it covers everything from motorcycles to trucks. I did this with a commercial drivers liscense.

They set up road blocks just to get this revenue. Wihtin patong they don't set up but outside they do. Same with breath tests for DUI's, but a bar owner told me that you can buy out of those with 5000 baht and they will even take you or follow you to ur ATM.

All in all a bike is a pretty safe bet in Phuket, and have never seen a scooter accident, although I saw a motorcycle accident coming into Patong from airport one night.

Comment

No, not retired fulltime. However, the way thigns have been going with work I have been able to spend 4-5 months in Thailand per year. For the time being, thats good enough.....stay tuned.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
                    Be careful out there!

Comment

Its approx 1.5 km from Bangla to Candy House. The area's getting more popular with falangs. License and helmet checkss are regularly set up in Patong, the most popular places being the jcn Rat-U-Thit/Sainamyen, the Beach Road end of Bangla and the South end of Nanai Road. As you head towards the hospital there are 'helmet zone' signs posted. The police Box at the top end of Bangla currently has a breathalyser. As for accidents with scooters, the amount of falangs driving around with gravel rash would dispute this, as would the 2-3 prangs I see normally per day. So long as you don't drive pissed or like an idiot you should be OK but you need eyes in the back of your head.
                      I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Working...
                      X