X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less teaching jobs?

For all the guys who are living in thailand especially BKK.Do you see that there are less teaching job opportunities because of the crisis?Or are some people just panicing?

(Kuranyi @ May 20 2009,16:39) panicing
    Looking for an English teachers job?

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

(Kuranyi @ May 20 2009,22:39) ....Do you see that there are less teaching job opportunities...
      Not much on grammar either apparently.

Comment

There is nothing for jobs here. I have a friend at NIST (New International School of Thailand) which is one of the better schools in town. He screens the applications for the various department heads and he said that during holiday, they advertised to fill 12 vacancies for teaching jobs starting this August. When he and the office staff came back from holiday, they had recieved over 5,000 resumes. They got them via email and through snail mail.

He said they threw away the ones with just a bachelor degree as they had a good portion with PHD's to pick from and with NIST and most of the schools now, unless you have either a Master's degree in something or a Bachelors in Education, they won't even consider speaking to you.

He said they hired a few with Masters degrees in Education and the rest had PHD's.

I work at a decent school here in Bangkok and have since I came here full time over 2 years ago, and though I dislike the current administration at my school, I signed my 3rd contract because I know there isn't anything else to choose from. I know my pay will always be deposited on a certain day and with the tutoring I do, I make a good living. So why fix it if it ain't broke, right?

So if you have dreams of coming here and finding a teaching job with the TEFL course or with a basic bachelor degree, be careful in making a decision and check things out first. Lastly, remember that schools start in August, unless your here before then, it's really difficult in getting a job afterward.

Cheers,
        Nhscotsman

Comment

Working...
        X