Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Suspicious' bike blown up by cops in Phuket!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Suspicious' bike blown up by cops in Phuket!

PHUKET, Thailand - A loud blast near a major Asia security meeting in Thailand on Thursday was caused by a suspicious motorbike being destroyed, Thai security officials said.

The officials told reporters the bike had been left unattended near the venue of the meeting on the resort island of Phuket and the owner could not be found.

It was destroyed with water cannon, they said.

Among the participants at the ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) gathering inside a luxury hotel complex was U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Some 10,000 Thai troops have enforced tight security around the venue to prevent an embarrassing repeat of the last regional gathering in Thailand in April, when anti-government demonstrators breached security to scuttle the East Asia Summit, forcing half the leaders to be evacuated by helicopter.

Water cannon, eh? Well, I suppose you have to work with whatever is at hand!

(Stogie @ Jul. 23 2009,03:42) PHUKET, Thailand - A loud blast

It was destroyed with water cannon, they said.
    It was just a bike (motor bike I'm guessing ) They hit it with water & there was a load bang, since when did water make a stationary combustion engine go bang !
    Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/index.asp?id=7589 Here's the story according to the gazette. I think it was probably a 'pigstick' disrupter similar to this http://www.chemringeod.com/Products/...MiniDisrupter/  they used as opposed to a fire hose. The 'loud bang would tie in with its use. At least I hope it's what they used! Maybe it's what blew Borehog and my avatar away as well  
      I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

(Ivor Biggun @ Jul. 23 2009,11:33) I think it was probably a 'pigstick' disrupter similar to this
        Can you buy them as accessories for a pickup truck?

Alternatively anyone know how to mount a chain-gun onto a bull-bar?    

Pesky motorbikes!      

RR.
        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
        Kahuna

Comment

(Stogie @ Jul. 23 2009,11:42) It was destroyed with water cannon, they said.
          Just a bit of Songkran practice...
          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Working...
          X