Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Bourdain goes to Thailand

One of the shows I like to watch is Anthony Bourdain's 'No Reservations'
    He is a New York chef who travels the world eating, its 2/3 travel and 1/3 food. A nice mix.

This week he goes to Thailand, and ooops decides that the first day of the Songkran riots would be a nice time to arrive.

Its on the Travel Channel (i think), and a friend told me its on the Pirate Bay...not that I ever go to sites like that.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

An episode number would be nice.

I could only find this episodes 6 & 16

Although primarily a free-loading journalist nowadays, Bourdain gave a pretty realistic account of kitchen life in his book 'Kitchen Confidential', and was an internationally (at least by me) respected chef.

I'm off to write my memoires  

Comment

this week till when? i wanna seeeeeeee hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmm          

mick kidnap him
      You Can Take Taneisha Out Of The Party, But You Can't Take The Party Out Of Taneisha  

http://imlive.com/_/0493/386493/SluttyTaneisha53628.htm

Comment

last night on BBC1,watched the docu called blood sweat and takeaways group of brits try out living and working in variety of thai factorys etc,from rice fields to Bkk.........it gave these kids an eye opener........and last bit they went out for night,ended in Nana Plaza damn sure i spotted an ex of mine as camera panned ,good to see she still plying her trade 3 years later and looking well,then you get some american loud mouth has to butt in n say his bit on the girls,why is it that americans know just when its inapropriate to open their gob ........its then they decided to do just that,never ceases to amaze me,i avoid amercans when in LOS for this very reason.
        no offence meant to the americans with a half sensible mind here on the forum.
        robbo

Comment

Season 6, Episode 6
          http://anthony-bourdain-blog.travelchannel.com/

Fleeing - the first torrent is correct, the 2nd is from a dyslexic

Comment

(laputanegra @ Aug. 19 2009,03:31) this week till when? i wanna seeeeeeee hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmm          

mick kidnap him  
            shall I pinch him?
            No honey, no money!!

Comment

of course
              You Can Take Taneisha Out Of The Party, But You Can't Take The Party Out Of Taneisha  

Comment

yes he is adorable...i have two of his books...

i saw him in Hong Kong actually on the streets of Kowloon but was too shy to approach hehhee...he was quite visible with a camera chasing him and all that....

and yes Tan he looks cute in person
                www.winklergirl.com
                My Facebook
                PHILIPPINES: +639153569810

Comment

(liisawinkler @ Aug. 20 2009,02:14) yes he is adorable...i have two of his books...

i saw him in Hong Kong actually on the streets of Kowloon but was too shy to approach hehhee...he was quite visible with a camera chasing him and all that....

yihhh i hate youuuuuu haha your sooo luckyyyy

Comment

It's probably my favorite show on TV, I think everything works well on it. This is at least the 3-4th Thai show he has done if you add in his earlier version that aired on the Food Network. Jerry Hopkins was also on one of the earlier BKK shows.

Jerry are you here???

Friend of a friend works on it & says often it boils down to him showing up & drinking with an old friend & later the producers have to figure out how to tart it up to make it watchable, I think they do a pretty fair job mostly. AB is a good writer & you can always tell when his words come into the script, typically in the wrapup at the end.

Board members will be particularly interested in the "Tahiti" episode since he goes to a ladyboy club & then hangs out with the girls afterwards at some food hawker stands & talks to them about their dreams for their futures. Very nicely done, although the show isn't among his best I think. He was on a plane a few seats away from me a few months ago but I didn't want to harass him while he was captive waiting for his bags.

Comment

(laputanegra @ Aug. 20 2009,03:54)
                      (liisawinkler @ Aug. 20 2009,02:14) yes he is adorable...i have two of his books...

yihhh i hate youuuuuu haha your sooo luckyyyy  
                      Hate you too !

While watching the Thailand episode, I realized I missed him by a couple of hours on Silom road during Songkran.

Comment

that was close i hate you too

Comment

(robbo @ Aug. 19 2009,03:43) last night on BBC1,watched the docu called blood sweat and takeaways group of brits try out living and working in variety of thai factorys etc,from rice fields to Bkk.........it gave these kids an eye opener........and last bit they went out for night,ended in Nana Plaza damn sure i spotted an ex of mine as camera panned ,good to see she still plying her trade 3 years later and looking well,then you get some american loud mouth has to butt in n say his bit on the girls,why is it that americans know just when its inapropriate to open their gob ........its then they decided to do just that,never ceases to amaze me,i avoid amercans when in LOS for this very reason.
                          no offence meant to the americans with a half sensible mind here on the forum.
                            Where are you from Robbo, because as an American,  I do take offence with that Statement.  There's  about 300 million Americans, and I doubt if you had contact with .0001% of them. You make a dumb statement based on a fleeting moment from a video shot in an area filled with loud mouth drunks from every corner of the globe. How can you tell he was an American, I know when I watch video clips on youtube from Pattaya I can't tell where any of these drunks making an ass of themselves are from.

I think that statement was based on your hatred for Americans. So there's no need for you to exclude the Americans here on the board  with half sensible minds, because they know exactly where  you coming from. It must be nice to come from a country where there are  no loud mouth drunks traveling the world making an ass off themselves. How did you come to this conclusionm on his accent or the fact he is wearing a hat.
                          Based on his accent I am not sure where he is from, I don't know any Americans who sound like him and I know lots of Americans. Contrary to popular belief not all who wear hats when they go out are Americans, and not all Americans wear hats when they go out. If your interested here is the link to the clip he is talking about, if link don't work copy and paste to your browser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wfOi6yJjxY

and proud of it.

P.S. If we never get to meet, it will break my heart.
                          bill520

Comment

Working...
                          X