Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding a Samsung laptop...

hey

so first time for me in Thailand (trip reports will come later this week   )

i am looking to buy the Samsung X360-34P laptop but can't seems to find a store that has it. all stores only have the X340 model instead.

any of you locals know by any chance where I can find the Samsung X360-34P model to buy in Pattaya/Bangkok ?

thanks in advance.

Why don't you buy it in your home country? Thailand electronics are generally not less expensive than North American prices and probably similar to UK/Australia/European prices.

The major places for IT in Bangkok are Pantip Plaza in the Pratunam area, Fortune Town IT Mall on Ratchaphisek Road

Here is a useful link for Bangkok Bangkok IT malls

In Pattaya the major IT centre is called TukCom. However, doubtful you will find prices better than Bangkok.

Samsung is not that common a laptop brand in Thailand yet, so you may not be able to find the latest models there.

If you do buy it in Thailand you should be able to claim the VAT back when you leave (if the shop charges you VAT). Just be sure they fill out the proper forms for you to claim it back when you fly out from the airport. Keep your eyes open for the signs for VAT refund and allow yourself some extra time to get that done when you depart.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

A quick Google search is not showing many retailers, with one stating that the model is currently unavailable. It might be region specific too. However, I would echo what rxpharm posts - there are invariably no electrical bargains to be had in Thailand and is complicated by the amount of fake software and componentry that is 'swapped-in' to even new PCs. I would exercise extreme caution if spending this sort of money on a laptop.
      You men eat your dinner, eat your pork and beans
      I eat more chicken, than any man ever seen, yeah, yeah

Comment

they don't sell this model (anymore) in the US. and they don't have Samsung laptops in Israel as well where i go for business few times a year

I know thailand is not cheaper for such things, not looking to get a bargain, looking to buy the model I want.

as for fake hardware/software, thanks for the info, I am aware that I need to be careful, one of the reasons I've posted this is for that reason.

I'm in Pattaya at the moment, been to Tuk.com today, no luck, they only have the x460 model. they told me they ordered the x360 but it won't be here till next month which is too late for me.

Comment

Do you have a stopover on the way home? In Hong Kong or Singapore, etc? If you're lucky one of the duty free shops may have it, if you have enough transit time to look around.

If you have a day or two in Bangkok, you can try the major IT malls there, but I suspect you will not be able to find it.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
          Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread
          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Sounds like you might be looking for an older model that is out of stock? If that is the case, you are probably out of luck if you want to buy from an established shop or you must be a new unit. However, I know for a fact that places in Pantip and MBK get 2nd hand/grey market items all the time. If Samsung has released a limited edition laptop or mobile for Namibia and only two were made, I'm pretty sure one of them has found its way to bangkok! Seems like you have been checking the web and shops, but what you really need to do is go to some of those "shady" 2nd hand dealers and scope them out.
            I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

well, this model was too expensive so not much of a market i guess, but i will love to buy one. i know they don't sell it in america but they still list it in some countries. would be willing to pay the decent price and buy it from a good store but i don't plan on buying something shady. worst case scenario i will buy a sony vaio z series when i'll be back.

thanks for all the comments

Comment

Working...
              X