Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for me thailand is a holiday destination, that feeling when you first arrive is sublime(i never want that tainted) , and when you leave its the worst, but leaving thailand after 2weeks or  2months for me has to be done!

getting home , seeing south west england , catching up with mates and family, !!!

but after 2weeks home you get the thai blues, its bloody hard but all you do is start planning again! just look at mr daveduck
    my reason is, i've drunk with tons of farangs who after 6-15yrs living in los seem a bit bitter ? obviously not lb fans but just seem fed up with thais?? also running short of money............? the divorce settlement of £85k 3yearsago is running short, etc etc....

anyway 4 me thailand is a hoilday, and next yr i'll be there 8weeks,

so i'll advise 8 months in u. s 4months los

Comment

i've drunk with tons of farangs who after 6-15yrs living in los seem a bit bitter ?
      maybe ask yourself the question where the happy farangs are?
      they most probably aren't in the sois drinking until the bars close.

Comment

where we want to be is closer than we think!!

Comment

(neogzim24 @ Dec. 02 2009,12:44) im from the US, and i know it would be an uphill climb.  Thats why i stated i would like to live there or for 3-6 mos out of the year.  Guys I have only been 2x, and Ray Charles could see the problems one would face there.  I just flipping love Thailand and the people.  Oh and the ladyboys dont hurt either!!
          My friend you are experiencing withdrawall symptoms like we all do , Thailand can get to you like that .

As many have said already buying a bar is the quickest way to lose your money in Thailand .
          Rossco makes some great points , but the example I would give you is a friend of mine who owns a 2 bars in Pattaya (and he's a smart operator , been there for 10 years )
          He would sell up (If he could ) tommorrow business is that bad .

My advice is be content with what you've got , I've been through the same thoughts as you , sell up and make the move full time , but I know I wouldn't have the common sense or the willpower , or the money to make it last , I'd be burnt out and broke in 6 months .

If you are determined to move go for it but don't lose your money in a bar or some other scam business , maybe better to keep working at home and those holidays will feel all the better ?
          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(manarak @ Dec. 02 2009,22:51) They have one employee, but both germans are allowed to work.

I spoke with them because as you, I could not believe what I was seeing in their bar. They told me the work permits were awarded based on their cooking. I asked again the same question, just to be sure, and the reply was the same, so...
            Its no longer possible to have 2 foreign work permits with one Thai employee - they have likely not told you the full story and I suspect it would hinge around the visa they are on.

Either way I categorically say that there work permit is not all that it seems - they either have fictious employees paying taxes or that they are not on extensions of stay (i.e they are using multiple entry visas and are needing to leave every 90 days if they are on B or Business visa). They may also be on a O visa which has been converted to allow working via a work permit.

Immigration will NOT allow 1 yr extensions unless there are at least 4 employees per work permit and heaps of other criteria are met - the 4 employees is probably the easiest of those criteria to meet - one of the hardest is the equity on audited balance sheets - you can only get that after a full years trading - hence to seek a one year extension of stay, you have to time the application for some 18 months after the company has started trading (it remains unclear what you do in the 18 months until you have a audited balance sheet, apart from doing border runs every 90 days).

The work permit office never applied this rule before - but now they do so they are in line with Immigration - hence my first paragraph. Getting a work permit is easier than getting the extension of stay (which is linked to the work permit). Two depts with two sets of rules I am afraid.

Cheers

Comment

(manarak @ Dec. 03 2009,23:24) maybe ask yourself the question where the happy farangs are?

They most probably aren't in the sois drinking until the bars close.
              SHEMALE.CENTER
              World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

First to all that took the time to reply thank you! I have been chatting with a few friends and BM's and it looks like i have to just fall on my face and except moving maybe just a dream. I have contacted a few schools and even the Embassies to make some leeway. I will continue to tour every chance i get and yes still saving just in case I do make to plunge!!

neo
                Attached Files
                where we want to be is closer than we think!!

Comment

Working...
                X