X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Charlie Camera and Phone Sale

Brica F800 cameras on sale for 1990 baht and Nokia 1202 phones on sale for 699 baht for two days only Dec 19-20 at Tuk Com. Could sell out so those interested should maybe go Saturday morning.

Newbie camera question here, does a camera come with a SD card or does that cost extra and if so how much?

http://www.rakklong.com/camera/bg_detail/297

Cameras don't normally come with a memory card unless it's a package deal...

If the camera uses an SD card they are very inexpensive...a couple hundred baht
    will buy a lot of memory...There are many many different manufacturers of SD cards...

If it uses an XD or Memory Stick...stay away from it...they are very expensive...

EDIT: That's a pretty basic little camera...It uses an SD card up to 8GB...But cheap...
    Attached Files
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

All I need is a camera and a SD card, there are no other extras, right?

Comment

I assume it comes with a charger...That's pretty standard...

It is UBS compatible...I don't know if it comes with a cable or not...cables are cheap...But if
        you have a built in card reader on your laptop you are in business...no cable needed...If not
        an external card reader costs 100 baht or so at TukCom...

Comment

Big questions with a camera this cheap is
          1) how long does it take to turn on
          2) what is shutter lag ?,i.e. after pressing the button how long does it take till the picture gets taken
          3) whats the zoom like.
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

PigDogg, while that camera is cheap, I don't think you will be very happy with the photos from it. It only has a 4x digital zoom - no optical zoom, which will mean your zoomed photos will be of less quality than an optical zoom. Also Snick has mentioned some important points. Don't buy this camera unless you have a chance to test it in the shop. Buy an SD card so you can take a look at the photos from the camera. It is a good idea to do this so you can look at the photos on your computer and see how good (or poor) the camera does with the photos and video.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
            Membership Levels
            The Rookie Thread
            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Oh I missed the 'digitial zoom' part...you need optical zoom
              "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I think it is kinda sorta more for his Lady to play with...I think it will be good enough
                for her to use as a basic point and shoot camera...

I don't really believe Mr. PigDogg is gonna start posting photos and trip reports here anytime soon...

Comment

Read reviews online - I am a total camera newb that has gotten into photography more lately. All sorts of thing from the sensor to the lens size impact the photo quality greatly, so the best thing to do is research before you buy. I don't know how much they are in Thailand, but in the USA there are some nice Casio Exilim models that have been rated fairly high and are only around $150 USD nowadays. 8MP if I recall correctly, which is probably the most you'd need if you are not doing anything too crazy like making posters or such.
                  I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X