• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News - Thai Elections...

Just read this:

PM: Election could be held on Nov 14
    Published: 3/05/2010 at 10:19 PM
    Online news: Breakingnews

An election may be held on Nov 14 if all parties agree to a reconciliation process that the government proposes and peace be restored in the country, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said in a nationally televised address on Monday night.

He vows to proceed with his reconciliation plan even if peace is not restored, but he could not set a date for the election in that case.

His five-point roadmap covers the following issues:

1. Respecting the monarchy.

2. Solving social and economic injustice through a national reform.

3. Ensuring free but responsible media.

4. Probing incidents resulting in the loss of life or affecting the public's sentiment. The incidents include the April 10 clashes and the blocking of the entraces of Chulalongkorn Hospital.

5. Amending the charter to be more fair to all political parties

(Steff @ May 03 2010,19:22) 2. Solving social and economic injustice through a national reform.
    I just hope that this includes removing/restricting the influence of the army & police from politics.

Until they do that I don't see Thailand's problems ever really being solved.

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

Welcome home RR!!
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Yes I'm back! And watching events in Thailand with some concern.

I was seriously hoping that Abhisit would have already started to sort out some of the mess.

It looks increasingly likely that he will not be around long enough to do it.

RR.
        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

Kahuna

Comment

WOW, RR!

Welcome back, I missed you!

Comment

Hello Manarak,

Thanks for the welcome.

Got back a few days ago and I'm still trying to catch up with everything.

RR.

Kahuna

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this develops. Puts the reds in a hard place demanding 3 month elections instead of 6.
              But the subtext is this allows the govt to control the millitary appointmens coming up and the budget.
              Smart move. Should have done it a month ago.
              "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Yes, the big news in this thread - WELCOME BACK RR!!!!!

Seriously have missed you. I'd asked a few different BM's what had become of you, so I'm thrilled to see you back.

Now if only the news could be nearly as positive about the political situation in LOS.
                Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

Two lots of good news in the same thread.

Welcome back RR, hope all is well, sick of coffee yet

Elections in November, that gives it a few months to quieten down & then all good for My trip in October, fingers crossed !
                  Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Welcome back RR! Great bit of news!    

Just waiting now to see if the Red Shirt leaders will agree to the plan. Apparently they are demanding the coalition parties also agree with PM Abbhisit's proposal.

Let's hope they make a sensible decision!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                    Membership Levels
                    The Rookie Thread
                    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

hmm, Maybe RR is one of the Red Shirt leaders, and this plan frees him up to be back on the forum.

Either way, welcome back.
                      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Yes indeed, welcome back RR...We were worried about you mate...

But I heard the main red shirt leader was some guy running around Pattaya over the weekend in bright red Mickey Mouse T-Shirts...

Another bit of good news, they just arrested a suspect in the NYC failed bomb attempt trying to board a flight at JFK...
                        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Thailand's benchmark stock index surged 4.5 percent after Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva proposed a Nov. 14 date for fresh polls if anti-government protesters occupying central Bangkok accept his reconciliation plan and peace and stability is restored.

Comment

Unless it was the news of RR's resurfacing that turned the markets...
                            Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

(Snick @ May 04 2010,06:22) hmm, Maybe RR is one of the Red Shirt leaders, and this plan frees him up to be back on the forum.

Either way, welcome back.
                              Thanks for the welcomes, it's nice to know that someone misses me.

As for leading the redshirts  -  no way!

Though if the unelected pension robber gets voted back in the UK I may be resorting to some chemistry experiments.

He just gave my 84 year old mother a pension increase of £2.40 and then increased the tax by £30!      

RR.

Kahuna

Comment

Working...
                              X