X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Bangkok  landmark disappeared!

For some of the old timers who have visited Bangkok several times, there was a fixture just across from the Nana BTS - an abandoned building that was early in the construction phase. It eventually became covered in graffiti and no doubt served as shelter for some of the homeless.

To my surprise it is now gone and the buzz of construction is going on. Will be interesting to see if it will be completed this time!

Also a 5 star hotel on Sukumvit Soi 13 - a new Sofitel I believe, has pushed it's opening date at least a year later as business is so bad for the 5 star hotels now.
    Attached Files

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Yes, I think I know the one you mean, I think it was abandoned during the financial crisis of 1995. I recall seeing dogs running around in there as I would wait for the Skytrain.

Comment

They're building like crazy here, I have no idea who is going to buy all the condos and occupy all the offices when they are done.
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Yes, that abandoned building was right next to the beer gardens that literally dissappeard overnignt back in 2004/5? I can't remember the exact time frame but all I know I drank there one night, went back a few nights later to piles of rubbish.

So many changes in the past 5-10 years, not for the better in my opinion.

Comment

(rxpharm @ Sep. 05 2010,22:42) ......there was a fixture just across from the Nana BTS - an abandoned building that was early in the construction phase.
          Herself and I make jokes about it when we see it  -  along the lines of buying an apartment when it's finished.      

It already had the swimming pool completed on the 2nd floor..........the large puddle.

RR.
          Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
          Kahuna

Comment

Yea the beer garden fiasco a bunch of people lost everything there a few of the girls lived there and lost IDs, money and other personal affects.

Comment

Working...
            X