Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cig butts were in an emptywater bottle but the BIB still got 200 baht from me and my friend under the table as NWA says from 1985 Fuck The Police this was obviously bullshit but TIT so chalk it up as a lesson
    I luv ladyboys

Comment

(Bumblebee @ Nov. 24 2010,05:50) I read elsewhere about a guy that was stopped by the BiB for disposing of his cigarette in a  grid on Sukhumvit Rd.  When he pleaded that he was actually disposing of it from public view, the cop explained that blocking the sewer system of Bangkok carries a bigger fine than littering the streets.  So he either payed up for the "minor" offense or get screwed for the more serious one..
      BB that could have been me! I did a post back in 2007 about a similar experience. The grid/drain was right next to a construction site, actually inside the gates ! The sidekick of the dude in the police hut/helmet followed me for about 100metres and felt my collar outside bloody Big dogs!

On my first trip back in 2000 i managed to get fined on my last day, hence why i thought putting the butt in the drain was not a problem!

Lesson learnt, be careful and don't chuck your butts! 2000B might not seem a lot, but it is after all a night out or a ST.
      i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

(Bumpa STIKKA @ Nov. 24 2010,03:13)
        (ciobha @ Nov. 24 2010,02:09) Are there any other 'hidden laws' in LOS that BM's should know about...
        Ask anyone who has ever rented a motorcycle!  

As in most countries these days - motorists are hammered as a form of indirect taxation whether its above or below the counter.

I don't think it matters what the law is in Thailand as the enforcement of any law depends on the finance package railing against it!

I think every smoker on this forum has been done for flicking a butt into the street on Sukhumvit road.
        The littering thing, one time a BIB followed me (all surreptitious surveillance like) from Nana skytrain station all the way to (and half way over) the footbridge on soi 1 'waiting' for me to flick my smoke butt.

I kept screwing around, slowing down, stopping here and there, gave money to a beggar while making a point of showing I still had it...

In the end my shit stirring won out against his laziness and he just gave up in the end, wandering back to Nana presumably

Recently here in Patts thought, me and Mrs PC got stopped (fairly)riding a scooter cause she had no helmet on. BIB from one of those 'huts' on Pattaya Klang stopped me, pointed out her lack of helmet and asked to see my Aussie license.

He then said I'd be given a fine and it would have to be paid at the Police station on soi 9 and that my license would be returned once the fine had been paid and the infringement stamped as such.

I offered to pay 'on the spot'.... so to speak and was firmly told - "can not, all paperwork done, must pay at police station"

Mrs PC (worried whether I'd get my license back or not) refused to leave the Police 'hut' and said she'd wait there till I returned from Police HQ...

Long and short was the BIB who stopped me refused any money and in fact charged me with 'not carrying registration paperwork' (200Tbt) or some such which is half the fine of 'not wearing helmet'...

Then to top it all off, when I got back to the police post, Mrs PC was waiting there with my license as the police guy had gotten hungry and wandered off in the mean time. Apparently he told her he trusted I'd pay the fine!

Comment

(ciobha @ Nov. 24 2010,02:09) I too was recently pulled up by the BIB, over the smoking thing. Now I know, I was in the wrong throwing my stub in the street,

What actually truly got me, was the fact that this eagle eyed copper spotted me from 100 yards, through a large crowd of people, disposing a butt.

On my trip to the famous booth, ( near soi2) I got away with 500baht fine, as I declared that was all I had on me at the time. Strangely the Sergeant in the booth was more than willing to accept this, rather than have me fill in the official forms! Hmmm, I wonder why.
          I was shown the "official sheet" stating the litter law, which of course was news to me, 2000 baht fine first time etc.
          I laughed when I read your post.

Exactly the same thing happened to me crossing Sukhumvit at Nana.

The man in brown had to be 100yds away waiting for me just before Nana Plaze!
          They must have a lookout with a radio just waiting for a Farang to drop a butt.

Taken to the famous soi 2 booth.
          I was respectful, apologized once, smiled allot  and they let me go for 500bhat .
          Under the table of course  

My guess is this has never happened to a Thai. EVER  LOL.

Comment

Working...
          X