Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescription Glasses in Pattaya?

Hey all,

Does anyone know of a good optician/optometrist shop in Pattaya to go for prescription glasses? I'm after a set of bifocal progressive sunglasses as my transition lenses just don't cut it whilst driving etc.

Any help would be appreciated. I hit Pattaya on 27 Jan.

We want  this and that, we demand a share in that and most of that, some of this and phuckin' all of that...less of that and more of this and phuckin' plenty of this and we want it now....and the demands will all be changed so phuking stay awake!

Eats Roots and Leaves[I]

Jesus, El_hefe is looking for a dentist in Pattaya and now you for an optician!!!

You should PM Titian and ask him. He did his homework I think when he got the glasses for Om. He'll be at the GOTC so you might hook up with there.

Comment

There's some information in this thread: Eyeglasses in Thailand?

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I went to that chain Top Charoen Optical a few years ago & was really happy with their product & especially their service, there was a problem with the original glasses, that they fixed & then sent all to me after I had left for home. Excellent. They are all over Pattaya & Bangkok.

Comment

I just purcahed progressive Tri - focals with no lines. It sucks being old. $310.00. I wonder if I bring a copy of my prescription to Pattaya I can get a pair cheaper.
          TEXASMAC

Comment

(El_hefe @ Jan. 24 2011,08:40) I went to that chain Top Charoen Optical a few years ago & was really happy with their product & especially their service, there was a problem with the original glasses, that they fixed & then sent all to me after I had left for home. Excellent. They are all over Pattaya & Bangkok.
            Got my current pair at Top Charoen also (Soi Bokhao branch just past R-Con).

Very impressed with service and end product. Highly recommended.

Cheers DK

P.S. In a previous thread I recommended a Dentist. Now an Optometrist.

I sure hope I won't be recommending a Mortician any time soon.
            happy when in thailand

Comment

A few years ago specs were a bargain here in LOS for us Brits.  Still cheaper now, but you've got to negotiate (hard). I'm looking for nearer 30/35% discount on Top Charoen first quoted price.  Someone told me that Thais insist on 40%.

Always been happy with the quality, but the prescription check is a quick computer test.  I got a full eye test in UK last time, and handed TopC my scrip. And I went to walk out the shop ('look around') before they gave me their best price.
              TT

Comment

Thanks Gents, I'll take that all on board and go shopping.  
                Also thanks rxpharm for that link, I had been searching for that.

We want  this and that, we demand a share in that and most of that, some of this and phuckin' all of that...less of that and more of this and phuckin' plenty of this and we want it now....and the demands will all be changed so phuking stay awake!

Eats Roots and Leaves[I]

Comment

(TTChang @ Jan. 24 2011,14:16) A few years ago specs were a bargain here in LOS for us Brits.  Still cheaper now, but you've got to negotiate (hard). I'm looking for nearer 30/35% discount on Top Charoen first quoted price.  Someone told me that Thais insist on 40%.

Always been happy with the quality, but the prescription check is a quick computer test.  I got a full eye test in UK last time, and handed TopC my scrip.  And I went to  walk out the shop ('look around') before they gave me their best price.
                  TT when i went to Top Charoen I got the full Eye test. Just like at home. Very thorough.

Cheers DK
                  happy when in thailand

Comment

Working...
                  X