Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthquake in Burma rocks Bangkok!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12852237

North-east Burma has been rocked by two 7.0 magnitude earthquakes, close to the borders with Laos and Thailand, the US Geological Survey has reported.

They struck seconds apart at 1355 GMT and were centred about 70 miles (110 km) from the northern Thai city of Chiang Rai, the agency said.

The first quake was shallow, at a depth of 6.2 miles (10km), while the second was much deeper at 142.5 miles (230km).

Tremors could be felt as far away as Bangkok and Hanoi.

The area where the quakes struck is sparsely populated and remote.

The BBC's Rachel Harvey in Bangkok said it could be a while before the extent of the damage is known.

One dead in Chiang Rai after quake

* Published: 24/03/2011 at 10:30 PM
    * Online news:

A woman in Chiang Rai was reported dead after a 6.7-magnitude earthquake hit northeastern Myanmar on Thursday night.

The woman, Hong Kampin, 55, was killed after a wall fell on her while she was sleeping.

Chiang Rai governor Somchai Hatayatanti said he had instructed officials to inspect the damage caused by the earthquake.

Electricity and cell phone signals were temporarily disrupted in many areas in Chiang Rai's Mae Sai district.
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Thanks for this KL. I am leaving for LOS next Wednesday.

Comment

didn't feel a thing, it was 900 miles to the north.
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I'm sure I felt something .... I was sitting in Stringfellows
        TT

Comment

I was in Bangkok all yesterday and didn't feel a thing.

Was sat in Big Dogs yesterday... entrance to Nana Plaza was crammed with three old trucks so next to impossible to get in (or out!) Big Dogs was almost empty and the bar opposite actually was empty.

They've installed a very dodgy DIY kebab deathtrap at the entrance. I saw the worker of this machine smoking and spitting as he watched the massive skewers of chicken and dog beef burn in front of him.

This is the worst and most depressing I've ever seen it... maybe we do need an earth quake!  
          SHEMALE.CENTER
          World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Didn't feel anything in Sodom by the Sea.

Comment

Ive had an earthquake in my pants over the last 4 days in Patts. Leaving for Bangkok tomorrow & more tremours. So I am    and in   with Lanny Pook Swan. My head is completly fuc#ed. I know I was warned............

Comment

I wanna hear all about!

Comment

Even worse i am taking her back to Bkk for my last two days.

Comment

Very grim news. TTC mentoring scheme has finally been discredited ...
                    TT

Comment

OMG!!! Bobby what have you gotten yourself into? I knew you shouldn't have travelled there alone.  

TT, smack some sense into him before he marries her and tries to take her home.

Comment

My wife & I have a house that's 180 KM North of Chiang Mai, and 90 Km from Chiang Rai, in a village called Thaton.

Spoke to relatives looking after it earlier today, and they reported that the entire house was shaking, although apparently no immediate damage.

Cheers
                        Koykaeng
                        Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Know some folks in BKK. They live in a high rise and felt the tremor!
                          Be careful out there!

Comment

Working...
                          X