X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW 50" TV - LESS than 20,000 baht!

Blimey - they'll be giving these things away soon.

Last month I was gobsmacked when I saw this TV for sale with a 25,000 baht sticker price. Now it's a shade over 20,000 baht!

I wonder how much they'll be when I go shopping for stuff for my new house in August?

Have you spotted any good deals in your area?

The smaller A/C (air conditioning) units are now also going for less than 10,000 baht but I don't know how good they are or if that includes the installation...
    Attached Files
    SHEMALE.CENTER
    World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

except its not true HDMI, 1080p is 1920x1080
    That TV is 1366x768
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Good point Snick,

But given the shitty picture from True Visions (at least their Satellite, I hear thier cable is better) and given than no one buys genuine DVD's only pirates, true HD is probably wasted. It probably is a bloody good buy.
      I was happy to buy an LG 50 inch from Home Pro 2 years ago for 35,000. Now am extremely pissed I opened this thread!
      f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk....dt.html

£449 in UK / 21500bt

Rip-Off Britain?
        seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

50" is probably about the borderline for the human eye being able to detect the difference between "true" HD & 768/720, at 42" our eyes can't tell at all. It's mostly on the bigger sets that it makes a real difference.

Comment

(katoeylover @ Mar. 31 2011,06:12) http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk....dt.html
            Dixons will be bankrupt this time next year so I wouldn't buy anything from them!
            SHEMALE.CENTER

Comment

I don't own any HD media so that resolution is OK for me.
              SHEMALE.CENTER

Comment

100Mhz refresh or better?? No fast motion blur

When you get your aircon installed make sure the installer uses a vacuum machine to haul a partial vacuum 300 or less BEFORE they release the refrigerant. When they are welding lines they should be running dry nitrogen through the line! INVERTERS are more efficient.

Comment

...720/768 wont make much difference on smaller screens, but it will on the larger ones, just like megapixels on a camera, more pixels will resuilt in better resolution at higher formats.. it is a good buy though for an LG at that size especially if you have the BP excange rate & not the $..

.. current U.S. price comparison for Samsung 720/1080 plasma 600Hz TVs..
                  Attached Files
                  .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

I would get a true 1080P set
                    If you are using a Media Player ( like Stogie's Western Digital, or my Apple TV -- you will notice the difference ).
                    Also if you have a DVD player with 'up convert' it will take your 5xx resolution DVD and convert it to 1080.

I bought a new TV in December (only 42"), and I was only looking at 1080P. Ended up buying at Homepro, good prices and you can usually haggle them down 20%.
                    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(f0xxee @ Mar. 31 2011,06:22) Good point Snick,

But given the shitty picture from True Visions (at least their Satellite, I hear thier cable is better) and given than no one buys genuine DVD's only pirates, true HD is probably wasted. It probably is a bloody good buy.
                      I was happy to buy an LG 50 inch from Home Pro 2 years ago for 35,000. Now am extremely pissed I opened this thread!
                      True have a HD facility and the picture is incredible - its like night and day when watching sport. Seriously way better picture but you need to upgrade to a different box to receive the signal and its currently only couple of channels being broadcast in HD (Incl premier league where its most valuable and a HBO channel)

Cheers
                      Mardhi

Comment

... saw a 60 inch Mitsubishi(new) 1080p 3D ready HDTV for $900 advertised in this morng's paper..  

...most of the LG sets selling here now are LED HD, very few are plasmas.
                        .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

Some fantastic deals the world over , the problem is most of us have no money
                          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(jimslim @ Apr. 03 2011,05:49) Some fantastic deals the world over , the problem is most of us have no money  
                            ..... Hence the fantastic deals!

Capitalism sucks sometimes......
                            f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

(f0xxee @ Apr. 03 2011,07:03) Capitalism sucks sometimes......
                              Sometimes?

With cost of living pressures rising everywhere, there is the potential for huge backlogs of inventory building up in every retail market.

Maybe not televisions, I am sorry I can't predict what future bargains may or may not present themselves in that area but I do expect to see amazing deals being offered all over the world in all manner of manufactured stock over the next few years.

Particularly in the electronics industry where products can be made obsolete any time after they have been released to the market. I have anecdotal evidence that certain products are being dumped at crazy prices.

No doubt the buyers expect to clean up but once they realise that their stock faces imminent obsolescence, watch for the bargains as they scramble to get whatever they can.
                              Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Working...
                              X