First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Yankee Own

Seems to good to be true.

"
    Takeover: Thai-Restaurant in tourist area of central Pattaya city.

Location: Directly in the city centre on Central Road/Soi 16. Name is "Talad Doloong, Mae Vilai"
    Very good frequented in a big open front building close to many hotels, bars and high foot traffic area, nearby motorbike taxistand and connected to Songtaeuw line.
    Ideal located restaurant with large Thai, Seafood & Western menues, fully equipped, operational and ready to walk in and take over.
    Regular gross income and nice monthly profit.
    Can be improved by adding new products and beverage very easily. Taking inside (28 seats plus 3 seats at the small bar) and outside orders (take away), as well as partyservice & catering. Making delivery to nearby hotels, bars, massage parlors. Open 24/7 possible.

We're going to leave the country soon and right now it's a very good opportunity for you and your Thaiwife to get your own business started at high season.
    Staff: 3 good persons diligent and very well trained.
    Rent: Only 10 thousand baht per month allready payed untill May 2012
    299 thousand baht to takeover the business (no company included)
    ROI: Less 1Year
    Walk in anytime and check it out or make an appointment
    TEXASMAC

Except months of low season are just around the corner

Comment

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Running a business in LOS is always a risk. While a restaurant isn't always a money loser like practically all bars, I would advise against what you are thinking.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Its only small money.... i think you'll need a special business visa for it to be legitimate.

If you are really interested, id suggest hands on running of the place for 1-2 months before settlement to get a feel for months how the place trades. if its a dud, then walk away.

There are many businesses for sale always in pattaya including mini parts and the like. id recommend going to real estate agent who could probably steer you in the direction of who is the main broker in business sales. id also suggest you find competent Thai English translator that you can trust so you know what you are getting yourself into.

Good luck

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Note "you and your thai wife" So... no you cannot own the business. You can buy it for someone to run for you, but god help you if you so much as twist a bottle top off behind the bar if the immigration police see you.

Pass on it.
          f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

See the remark for me and Thai wife is what caught me. I thought only a Thai could own. Oh well time to move on.
            TEXASMAC

Comment

You and Thai wife..

if you look at rules behind foreign business ownership you will know why that is. you can do a business if you know the rules. as for immigration police jumping on you... that's rubbish to a certain extent. from my readings id suggest very few foreign owned bars are run under the correct laws and structures. thus the owners can't be seen to be taking a Thai job - many of the bars are technically illegal but of course the Thai look kindly on farang money in this environment

This business sale is actually aimed at a legitimate business operator...something that struck me as unusual....the Thai wife thing is a giveaway imho.

Texas id suggest you read up on Thai business ownership by foreigners before doing much more. this forum is not the place for such information.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Azza,

I can promise you faithfully if the immigration police wander into your bar and you are behind the jump even emptying an ashtray you are in a great deal of shit. Ever been to Guess Bar and seen the owner get off his ass behind the bar? Its possible he's a lazy bastard, but more likely knows the rules. At the least you are leaving yourself open to leaving a hefty bribe.
                So you need to do what everyone else does: sit in the bar and work on getting chirosis of the liver while your "manager" robs you blind. Good luck with that!

The rules as I know they state you can have a business of X Baht value as long as you employ X number of thai nationals, pay there various taxes, funds, levies etc.

Bars? Never. Restaurants? Good luck with it. Too many and too few punters.
                f0xxee

Comment

you are correct to an extent... but like i said most operations are NOT set up properly to allow the foreigner to work.

People confuse a business visa and work permit.... NOT same same.... a business visa does NOT give a foreigner the right to employment.... merely a right to invest and facilitate the transfer of foreign wealth to the Thais

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Overview of the Thai Work Permit Unlike many other countries, in Thailand a visa and a work permit are two different things. Many countries have €œwork visas€ meaning that the visa itself entails the right to work. However, in Thailand, even with a Non-Immigrant Business €œB€ Visa  a person does not have the automatic right to work in the Kingdom. In fact, should one engage in any endeavor that could be deemed €œwork€ by the Thai authorities, then that person could be arrested, fined, and/or deported for working in Thailand without the proper Thai work permit.  Many people will opt to work and live in Thailand without the proper work permit, but it can be a bit of a difficult existence. First, there is the constant fear of being caught working in Thailand without a Thai work permit. If discovered engaging in such activity the penalties could be severe. Royal Thai Immigration has been known to deport those foreigners who work in Thailand illegally. Why go through this kind of angst and frustration when a Thai work permit can be obtained fairly easily?  Another downside to not obtaining a Thai work permit and working in Thailand is the fact that a lack of a work permit can cause a job seeker in Thailand to appear to be a less valuable commodity because they cannot legally work in Thailand. Many employers in Thailand who are seeking foreign labor look to obtain labor with the least amount of difficulty. A smoother transition can be effected by having a work permit already. In Thailand, a prospective employee who has a work permit already will be far more desirable to a Thai employer.

Requirements to get a Thai work permit The major requirements for obtaining a Thai work permit are: Thai work permit applicants must be in possession of a Thai Non-Immigrant Business €œB€ Visa  (or a Thai Non-Immigrant other €œO€ Visa, provided the obtainment of which was based upon marriage to a Thai national). Thai work permit applicants must have a job offer with a person or company in Thailand hat shall pay a salary that meets the requirements set forth in the Ministry of Labour€™s foreign labor regulations. Thai work permit applicants must be seeking a job that is not restricted to citizens of Thailand under the relevant sections of the Thai foreign business act, the Thailand Ministry of Labor Ministerial Regulations, or any other applicable laws. Thai work permit applicants must have a clean criminal record both in the Kingdom of Thailand and abroad. If previously employed a Thai work permit applicant must have paid all applicable Thai taxes for the duration of prior employment and adhered to all relevant regulations during previous employment in Thailand. This list of requirements for a Thai work permit is not meant to be exhaustive, but for informational purposes only. It is meant to provide an overview of the work permit processes and procedures in Thailand.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

My old mate Nick from C & D once told me do it the Thai way and you'll never have any major problems; try and insist on farang business practise and they will give you grief.

Nick had Thai company, work permit and 50% Thai business partner - thats what is called covering your bases  

i could tell you all about how Nick's company lodged and paid taxes but ill leave that amusing story until we meet in private!!

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Now going back to my original point about "You and Thai wife"... The tell its real as one of the few ways to obtain a legal Thai work permit

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Good stuff Azza,

Its no so easy...

And as one who is opposed to marriage on general principles, and in particular against marriage to a thing  that bleeds monthly but refuses to die, I long gave up on the idea of marriage as an easy option.
                          f0xxee

Comment

Actually the process isnt as hard as it sounds.

If unmarried and have sufficient capital, i think you can set up a thai company get it tax compliant and obtain the non immigrant b visa for less than 20000 baht.
                            After that is done, apply for a work permit with some sound advice and then its alll good; you can run the business & legally work.

Regarding why the o visa requires marriage-thats because a 12 month o visa is easy to get if you're friends with a respectable thai / thai company that can provide the letter of referral.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

I wonder how many bar owners have a work permit?

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Working...
                              X