X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tailoring Guild of Pattaya

I noticed that the Tailors have become noticably more aggessive in the last three years. The new pitch for them is to try to shake your hand as you walk past...or maybe its na old pitch and i hadnt noticed.One guy tried to grab me back. This isnt Patpong either and im just going for a fucking ice cream.

And that irritating Indian accent that grates against the ear ,, nice suit for you sir,, ....Im sick to death of hearing this now. The last Blazer i had made lost the right arm trying to tie my shoelaces.

Most of these places are empty and are a plague on the city. I would like to see them all burnt down or removed to the island just offshore, preferably below sea level.

TC
    ( aka Doug2)

Nice to see Tomcat is having a nice, relaxing break at the seaside....
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Run for the Hills , he is going to explode  

I love it when they try and Guess where your from and put on a fake accent as they try and shake your hand , cause then i can put on my fake Indian accent and have a good piss take

Comment

I hate these guys too, the trick is to be as rude as possible
        when they ask me how I'm doing, I tell them I'm having bad gas
        or I respond in Swahili; once I tried to sell them my old underwear.

Amuse yourself.....or get a cattle prod.
        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I usually tell them that if I had money to spend on suits I wouldn't be walking around in these rags, I told one once that I was a Saville Row tailor and I made my own suits...

It gets boring saying 'fuck off' 1000 times a day to various people

I've made kathylc  

Comment

Don't go to Patpong so I don't know what they do there, but it's the same in Pattaya.

It's nothing personal - they're doing a shitty job, but it's annoying just the same.

Comment

Its interesting that I see this thread here - I've heard from friends that the tailoring in thailand is alot cheaper and pretty fast as well.

Been thinking of getting some skirt and pant suits done when I drop by but I'm not sure where are the quality (and reasonably priced ones). It costs about 300 dollars SG to make a pair here so I'm wondering how much it does cost there.

Comment

Well, it's cheaper, but wait for a few recommendations before you walk into the shop...

Comment

(jaymee @ Dec. 29 2007,23:50) Its interesting that I see this thread here - I've heard from friends that the tailoring in thailand is alot cheaper and pretty fast as well.

Been thinking of getting some skirt and pant suits done when I drop by but I'm not sure where are the quality (and reasonably priced ones). It costs about 300 dollars SG to make a pair here so I'm wondering how much it does cost there.
                  Thailand has some very good Tailor shops (especially for silk items)
                  BUT it also has a ton of ripoff places.

Its very hard to know the difference if its your first time, try and get recommendations. I use Beethoven on Soi 26.

I haven't seen a shop in Pattaya that is not a ripoff.

Price depends on the material used.
                  "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(Tomcat @ Dec. 29 2007,15:14) And that irritating Indian accent that grates against the ear ,, nice suit for you sir,, ....
                    Try Mody Road in TST then..well..I'm sure you have passed by thousand of times
                    Verry verry annoying
                    Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

What I do in Samui is to keep walking towards the shitter parts of the strip and keep telling them that the guy next door was giving me 100 bh less than he's offering you if your in need of something quick, but I normally just head over to where the tailors all work and having watched them from my balcony just accost them on the way home and get the tailor to buy the cloth himself and make it for you as the quality is always a lot better...
                      Not up the ass thank you very much...

Comment

I am glad to read these posts cause I thought I was the only asshole that was rude to the suit touts...
                        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(Snick @ Dec. 29 2007,11:33) I haven't seen a shop in Pattaya that is not a ripoff.
                          I found a little sewing shop run by Thais in the isolated eastern part of the Day Night area. Don't know the name or eact location but got a pair of pants made for 700 baht.

I think the Indian tailors are a pain in the ass and don't like their techniques of engaging me in conversation.
                          Now if a Thai tout does that, well I'm in their country afterall. But with the Indians, I don't need to put up where their shit.

Comment

Tell 'em you're from Wales! It's got to be worth seeing an Indian tout try on a Welsh accent!

Comment

A nice suit for you Boyo ? Do you come from the vallieeeees ? never underestimate an indian suit seller .
                              Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Working...
                              X