Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPV

TPV (Tourist Police Volunteers)

Has anyone who reads the local media noticed that there seems to be more and more crime, along with taking advantage of the situation, perpetrated by police volunteers in Pattaya?
    Sometimes these crimes, usually some sort of a shakedown, are committed by people impersonating the volunteers, but just as often it turns out to be the legitimately trained volunteers themselves.
    I have no idea what powers and authority police volunteers actually possess, but surely they use them power, legally or not, when they want it€¦
    In Pattaya there are about 350 police volunteers!!!
    Most of them taking advantage of unlikely situations under covered by them status.
    I often see articles about police volunteers and/or police volunteer impersonators doing things such as trying to coerce bars into giving them free drinks or trying to shake down a motorcyclist into giving him money.
    But lately I've also read articles in which some of these volunteers have been involved in much more serious crimes.
    Just who are these people? What kind of training and licensing do they receive? What authority do they have? What are the "farang's" obligations to comply?

So far I only had a kind of experience with one of them:
    I was sitting and drinking in Triple X with a much known young blond superstar which stay with me before a couple of times (for her own sake I don€™t mention her name).
    Everything was under control until one TPV arrived and called her. A few minutes later, in fearful mood, she comes to apologize saying €œhas to go€ with him.
    €œHey, we have an agreement already for tonight, haven€™t we?€
    €œYes we had, I€™m very sorry, but if I€™m not going with him I get problems (boxing, etc) and you too, because he has a knife and he might use it on you€!!!
    And obviously annoyed she left with him €¦

The other girls there look at me and I started a conversation about this situation with some.
    Surprise surprise, almost all of them fuck with the guy for free as his threats makes them frighten.
    I also have the knowledge about a similar situation at 131 with a different TPV guy.
    I noticed in recent post (Snick in Lita€™s), they were around checking if the bars were selling alcohol drinks on that night, following the farangs€¦
    What the f€¦ makes these people running about?
    TIT is not (at least for me) an explanation of everything happens in LOS  

Comment

I was doing some work in Phuket after the Tsunami and a farang guy came up to me and made such a claim. He was not happy about something I was doing, he was inebriated, and threatened me, but I had been invited to Phuket for a reason so I told him to f off. He did.

In all my years in Thailand it was the first (and last) time anyone claimed to be something like that.

I am not even sure I believe there are such TPV's.

Comment

i saw a couple of these guys in soi crocodile last october. looked like harmless twits to me lol
        just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

They are in Pattaya and Phuket -- jerks the lot of 'em.
          I haven't witnessed any of them involved in any crime, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

Just another incomprehensible thing in Thailand. Why do the authorities allow these guys to play cop. And why would anyone volunteer to do so. I can only hope one of them does something so stupid that they terminate the whole program.
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Last time I was in Pattaya there was a farang working as a tourist police -tall, blond, short hair, middle age, prob. around late 40's or 50's. If I remember correctly he was carrying a firearm. Which leads me to believe he couldn't have been a volunteer. Are the Tourist Police fully sworn officers with police powers?

Comment

(Snick @ Jan. 10 2008,13:55) They are in Pattaya and Phuket -- jerks the lot of 'em.
              I haven't witnessed any of them involved in any crime, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

Just another incomprehensible thing in Thailand. Why do the authorities allow these guys to play cop. And why would anyone volunteer to do so. I can only hope one of them does something so stupid that they terminate the whole program.
              (February 7, 2008)
              TWO PATTAYA VOLUNTEER POLICEMEN CAUGHT RED HANDED SELLING YABA

www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000005036

Note: (From Pattaya Daily News Editor)
              There have been a number of incidents, reported recently, about errant volunteer police, involved in the illegal drug trade and other activities. It seems that some immoral individuals use their positions in the Volunteer Police to facilitate their nefarious activities. Better screening and supervision of the volunteers are obviously needed.

Comment

It's only breaking the law if you get caught!

Pattaya is an amazingly dangerous place if you are drunk or break the law and amazingly safe if you are sober and don't!

Comment

Hmmmmmm
                  TPV (Tourist Police Volunteers)
                  The  Keyword in the above is Volunteer, therefore one can expect them to do something for an Income, eh
                  You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Working...
                  X