X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vinyl records

anybody ever come across vinyl record shops in thailand?

not modern dance/house stuff but old swap/second hand shops.
    in the 60/70/80s- djs must have used vinyl in the gogos, so where is it all?

I'm guessing that if they do exist you'll find these places in the 'market sections' of some of the older malls, where the tattooists hang out.

I don't know of any though, but I'll keep a lookout in future.

Comment

cheers sb- i wonder in 60s was there a thai answer to motown?
      imagine an lb supremes.

Comment

There is a bunch of shops at Fortune Town on Ratchada
        They are scattered across the lower 3 floors.

http://www.fortunehotel.com/
        ( the hotel is attached to the mall )
        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Some how i doubt they looked after da vinyl dat well in Thailand in 80's let alone da 60's,good luck my friend,but i wouldnt hold out much hope though.Let us know how ya get on ! Much better then CD's though LOL
          Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

If you have several hours or maybe a day to spend, there might be some place in Chatuchak Weekend market in Bkk that may have old vinyl records for sale. You can practically find everything there!

Easy to get to by Skytrain or by the MRT (subway). Good luck!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
            Membership Levels
            The Rookie Thread
            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

have not seen any for sale at chatuchhak weekend markets. mind you the place is huge
              just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

i m a vinyl collectors and in banhkok i was able to find old vinyks at fair prices

yes, you can found some shop in fortune hotel mall on rachada pisek but their prices are outrageous ever if they have some japanese edition in vinyl most of record started at 800 baths
                Chatuchak is a wasted time... but do not avoid other flea market all around bangkok
                Good amount of record can be found in chinatown during the week end market, prices are from 50 baths to 300 baths max,
                many shop owned by chinese have some old vinyls records on charoen krung not so far from uruguay embassy
                but by far the best vinyls record shop in bangkok and probably in thailand is tunchabab record shop near sanam luang...across the klong...i loosed the business card but this shop have internet website for more informations..the owner speak reasonable english and the shop is open 7/7 from 9am to 5pm...prices are printed on each records in general 7 inch=50 baths,12 inch single=100 baths, lp= 350 to 450 baths...if you buy large amount you will have discount easily, you can also payed with Us dollars...
                Jakarta is probably the best plave in south asia for old vinyls, cheap and quality records.;singapore is too expansive
                good luck

Comment

Working...
                X