X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with NHS since he arrived in Thailand

NHS, how was the move to Thailand. Have you found a job? How about some info on your great adventure. You guys get to BKK and it is like you fell off the earth.

He's got a job and a ladyboy girlfriend!

Comment

(stogie bear @ Nov. 10 2007,11:01) He's got a job and a ladyboy girlfriend!  
      Isn't that his job, having a ladyboy girlfriend I mean

Comment

NHS? Giuliani says that NHS sucks and most men die from it.
        Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

(moe666 @ Nov. 10 2007,07:58) NHS, how was the move to Thailand. Have you found a job? How about some info on your great adventure. You guys get to BKK and it is like you fell off the earth.
          Hi,
          I didn't fall off the earth, I am just so busy with my job and my ladyboy girlfriend. Anyway, here's whats been happening......

I moved to Bangkok and found a great apartment with the help of TTChang, Kahuna, mardhi, Jay and most of all Stogie bear. It's within walking distance of Guess Bar, which was very important and it had to be very accessible to the BTS so I could get to work.

I also found a great job at an international school here in Bangkok where the money is the best I had seen at any job interviews I had gone too. In the end I have to say I owe a HUGE thanks to Stogie bear for the advice he gave to me on the job situation and what to do and what not to do. He suggested things before I came to Thailand and made suggestions once I was here and each one was right on the mark in accuracy. I remember he told me months ago that he had people ask for advice about teaching in Thailand but then never followed up on it later on and in a sense, blew him off. This was stuck in my mind for a while and when I got to Thailand I took each of the suggestions and used it as best I could and each one helped me. I believe his suggestions, everything from the proper dressing attire when applying for jobs to where to go for my work visa once I got the job were part of the reason I got the outstanding job that I did.

Thank You very much Stogie bear!

On a personal note, when I came to Thailand, I originally was seeing a Thai woman with a little boy. I had been with her for a long period of time and she never had been a BG, but once I got here, she had financial issues regarding her house that I didn€™t know about and she wanted Mama to live with us in Bangkok. That wasn€™t going to happen so we had a parting of the ways (her choice) and though I hated to see her go, I was not bailing this woman out of any shit she had gotten herself into and no way was Mama going to live in my house and control me like she did her daughter.

So now I am dating a beautiful ladyboy who is fairly well known to most here in Bangkok. We have been together for over two months and things are going VERY well between us. Months ago, if someone had said I€™d be involved with a ladyboy for a girlfriend, I would have laughed and said no, I only dated ladyboys once in a while. TTChang, Kahuna and Stogie bear had that exact discussion over 2 months ago and I stand by my response. But this is before I found my current honey. She is such a sweetie and one of the nicest women I have ever met. Oh I know, some of you will have your comments about dating ladyboys and dating women from Bangkok, but I know this woman pretty well. She doesn€™t ask for money, she has her own and she works so she doesn€™t need mine. Plus, considering I€™m usually with her 7 days a week and I have seen the change she has made in the two months of being with her and I know her changes are sincere. Even before she started changing things, she was a great person, now she gets better with each day I€™m with her. Where will this go, I have no idea? I have been married before and I€™m not in any hurry to do it again but can I commit to a long term relationship with this woman, I€™ve already committed myself to her and she to me. So we will see where it goes, time will tell.

So now, my life in Bangkok is as good as I could have thought it could be. I have a great apartment, the dream job I wanted, great friends and the best girlfriend I could have asked for. And to think months ago I wondered if I was doing the right thing by moving to Thailand. Every weekend when I go to the temple with my girlfriend, I get down on my knees and thank God for giving me sense of mind to get out of northern New England with its zero degree weather and get my butt to Thailand for good.

If any of you are considering moving to Thailand to teach, get any advice from Stogie bear you can and stick to it. It will get you a great job and a great friend as well.

Nhscotsman

Comment

(nhscotsman @ Nov. 15 2007,20:54) Thank You very much Stogie bear!
            Aw, shucks!

Seriously... I'm glad that things have worked out well for you. You had a few goals, stuck with them and listened to and accepted assistance along the way. Well done.

This forum and all of the people who contribute can make a big difference in a persons life. We don't take that responsibility lightly.

Comment

(ozzie @ Nov. 10 2007,09:49)
              (stogie bear @ Nov. 10 2007,11:01) He's got a job and a ladyboy girlfriend!
              Isn't that his job, having a ladyboy girlfriend I mean
              Ozzie, some weekends with my girlfriend is like a job....I spent the past weekend with her in Kuala Lumpur and trust me, traveling with her was ummmm interesting...haha. Even with her during everyday living, she can be a handful, but I suspect so can€™t I. But trust me, if I€™m going to have a handful of someone, I want it to be with her.
              Nhscotsman

Comment

(stogie bear @ Nov. 15 2007,22:06)
                (nhscotsman @ Nov. 15 2007,20:54) Thank You very much Stogie bear!
                Aw, shucks!

Seriously... I'm glad that things have worked out well for you. You had a few goals, stuck with them and listened to and accepted assistance along the way. Well done.

This forum and all of the people who contribute can make a big difference in a persons life. We don't take that responsibility lightly.
                I believe the key to my success was to listen and stick with the advice you were offering. You know when I first came to town and was dealing with the old girlfriend issues....you said to forget her and keep focused on the issues at hand (finding an apartment and a job) and not to worry about the girlfriend. One would come along soon enough. I did exactly as you, TTCHang and Kahuna suggested and look where I am now.....as happy as I could have imagined I could be.
                Nhscotsman

Comment

Fair play to you sir
                  you go to the temple and pray to God not Buddah !

Unbeliever !!!!!

Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(jimslim @ Nov. 16 2007,00:34)
                    Fair play to you sir
                    you go to the temple and pray to God not Buddah !

Unbeliever !!!!!

What can I say, I'm a Christian.

Comment

NHS, good to hear everything has worked out for you. Good luck.

Comment

Heretic!

Comment

Bravo, great report and so far, so good........I like to hear success stories about Americans moving to foreign countries. Now I need to dig back into your old posts and read all the BMs' recommendations and see if I can put any to good use.
                          ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

(moe666 @ Nov. 16 2007,07:16) NHS, good to hear everything has worked out for you. Good luck.
                            With each week, it gets better and better......

Granted, the old girlfriend still calls, she called 3 times over this past weekend, I hadn't heard from her in 2 weeks but I'm not going to screw up a GREAT thing with my new girlfriend.

The old girlfriend hints hard about coming back to me but I know what the problems are with her and so far, with my new girlfriend, its been smooth sailing.....

Thanks for the positive feedback, it's very much appreciated!

Nhscotsman

Comment

Working...
                            X