Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal Accident On Pattaya Beach Road.

Just read this tragic report on the Pattaya City News website
    Apart from being an absolutely tragic accident, two things did occur to me.
    Firstly, I am surprsed (but thankful) that this type of event does not happen more often because it is quite a normal sight to see farangs riding on the rear platform whilst travelling at speed down Beach Rd.
    And no wonder Thais do a runner when they are involved in a road accident involving fatalities, clearly this driver was not entirely to blame and yet here he is behind bars ''accepting responsibility''

English man dies after falling from fast moving Baht Bus on Pattaya Beach Road.
    Police Lieutenant Colonel Anan from Pattaya Police Station made his way to the front of the station on Pattaya Beach Road in the early hours of Thursday Morning to investigate a road accident which claimed the life of an English Man. At the scene, he inspected the body of Mr. Mark Steven Morrison aged 45 from Ripon, North Yorkshire in England. He had sustained a fatal head trauma and despite efforts to resuscitate him, he was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of Baht Bus Number 549, Khun Kempet aged 41 was arrested and placed behind bars pending further enquiries into the incident. Witnesses, including a Bar Girl working at a Bar in Soi 7, explained that Mr. Morrison had spent the night drinking and was thought to be intoxicated. He summoned a Baht Bus at the end of the road on Pattaya Beach with the intention of meeting his Girlfriend at Walking Street. He decided not to sit on the seat of the Baht Bus and instead stood on the platform at the rear of the vehicle. In one hand was a bag of food he had purchased for his Girlfriend, with the other hand he held on to the steel rail. A sudden burst of power from the baht Bus caused him to fall off the Baht Bus approximately 100 meters from Soi 7. He hit the road, head first and sustained a fatal head trauma. The British Embassy in Bangkok are aware of the case and consular officials have already inspected the body at the Morgue in Banglamung and will arrange for the body of Mr. Morrison to be sent back to England for burial. Khun Kempet, the Baht Bus Driver accepted responsibility for the accident and will now be processed in accordance with the Law.

Attached Files

Drunk Englishman standing on the back of a converted truck holding on with one hand in the middle of the night on the busiest street in Pattaya?

What a fucking twat!

Comment

Gotta agree, I feel sorry for the driver and hope he gets let out with a severe warning.
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

agree . seen that so many times , with so many near misses .

have to say that some of the thai drivers drive like raving lunitic's . i remember one early morning being driven down second road at about 120 kph .

Comment

(Snick @ Nov. 09 2007,05:04) Gotta agree, I feel sorry for the driver and hope he gets let out with a severe warning.
          hmmm, would like to agree with you here, but without having been there and seen it first hand I'm kind of reluctant to voice an opinion:

Scenarios
          1 - He made a bet with the wife riding shotgun "watch me scare this drunk falang"

2 - He was racing another baht bus to the next punter

3 - The guy argued about 5 baht/10 baht/20 baht fare

4 - It was an accident

5 - [Insert anything you like]

The key phrase in the report is : A sudden burst of power from the baht Bus caused him to fall off the Baht Bus.
          The driver must have known the guy was there, that he was drunk and this could happen.

At the end of the day the drunk guy should have known better, but how many of us have done this on an over-loaded one when sober let alone drunk?

I used to do it a long, long time ago until I saw one of those Korean tourist coaches run into the back of a baht bus...

It's one of the things we like about Thailand, you can pretty much get away with a lot of things that you can't do back home.

I suppose nobody here has ever been on a bike when drunk with 4 Thai chicks already on it, that's fun at the time until you think about what could so easily happen.

I believe we are all responsible for our own actions, this guy made a bad call and paid the ultimate price.

I've made kathylc  

Comment

I reckon that's fucked up. I remeber jumping on the old routemaster buses in London and nearly falling out the back heaps of time. If I did I'm a twat for being drunk and trying to jump on a bus. It's not the drivers fault. Hope they let the guy go.
            Beer Baron

Comment

Thats 2 killed on baht buses this week , a couple of days ago an Irish guy was also killed , same as this he fell off and hit his head , a lot of times Ive jumped on these buses still moving and swung on the pole at the back , gonna be a lot more careful in future
              Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

When I was in Nam a guy I came in country with jumped on to the back of a pickup, holding on to the tale gate and standing on bumper. Well guess how he finished, laying in the middle of the road with blood and grey stuff coming out his nose, ears and mouth. And he wasn't drunk shit happens.

Comment

well in my line of work you see all kinds of silly shitty ways to die or get maimed. if i were really cynical, i would think it is natural selection. fortunately i am not that cynical.
                  This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
                  Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
                  Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
                  And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
                  FORT MINOR-REMEMBER THE NAME

Comment

I have to agree.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Nov. 09 2007,10:16) Drunk Englishman standing on the back of a converted truck holding on with one hand in the middle of the night on the busiest street in Pattaya?

What a fucking twat!
                      You forgot to mention that he was carrying a bag of food for his "girlfriend". Talk about a fucking twat!

Since they don't mention the girlfriend, which would seem normal if she's from the UK, I only suppose she was Thai. How else could he be out on the town, drunk, seen by Thai bargirls, and then going off to see her?

Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

(post-op lover @ Nov. 14 2007,16:46) How else could he be out on the town, drunk, seen by Thai bargirls, and then going off to see her?
                        Probably going to meet her after work, with her favourite snack because he cares so much about her.

Meanwhile, she's in the bar rubbing falang tourists up for a few 100 baht tips and the possibilty of ST before he gets there.

That to me is dumber than falling off the baht bus....
                        I've made kathylc  

Comment

The moral of this story is "dont ride on the back of bhat busses even if you are sober".
                          someone did say something about natural selection?? more like evolution in action
                          rest in peace
                          just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Working...
                          X