Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(sika @ Aug. 27 2007,11:17) 1. Is there any sport hunting of animals allowed in Thailand .
    I've seen a few Animals (Americans) in Pattaya I'd like to hunt down. I've almost been ashamed to be an American when I have seen how some of them act during peak tourist times.

Nhscotsman

Comment

sometimes I feel that way, but then I look at the British and I feel better
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(Snick @ Sep. 10 2007,11:11) sometimes I feel that way, but then I look at the British and I feel better
        Unfortunately Snick I can only agree with you.

There are times when I really do dispair when I see what some British tourists get up to  

RR.
        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
        Kahuna

Comment

Foreign goods as a rule of thumb, cost more in Thailand than other countries due to high import duties. Expect any luxury import to be ridiculously expensive. Imported cars have up to 300-400% duty.

However, being frank here, I just cannot understand anyone (you included) who view the country where they want to spend their lives, like a bag of chips they will buy that night; i.e., it doesn't matter. I think if you have no reason to come here other than 'I hear it's cheap', the chances of you being happy is pretty low.

We have so many guys whose dream it is to live and retire here, and guess what, and I'd guess 99% chance they're happy when they do come. Having lived in 6 countries, I can say each move has been a major stress for about 9 months, and each one was either awful or great, for me. My advice would be come and spend a few months here and answer all your own questions first, then decide on what to do next.

And, not to bark on you, as many guys ask similar questions, but asking 'how much does it cost to live' is like asking the length of string, just as is the case in the US. I live ridiculously expensive, because I'm obssessed with space. I'll give up my car, girlfriend, food, and anything else, for space and a nice house. Other guys can live in 500 sq foot condo like Stogies says and be perfectly happy. So, it's not really a question that has any answer, as it's answer is very individualistic.

Comment

(Road Runner @ Sep. 10 2007,18:31)
            (Snick @ Sep. 10 2007,11:11) sometimes I feel that way, but then I look at the British and I feel better
            Unfortunately Snick I can only agree with you.

I agree too. Americans can get a little eccentric when away from their home turf but the Brits are just total cunts.

Comment

Most of us don't want the cheapest country. If you have a medical emergency in Chad you're screwed.

Thailand seems cheap to me but my basis of comparison is Manhattan. You don't need a car in either Bangkok or Manhattan and that saves a bundle.

But the main reason to live in the LOS is the availabilty of girls half your age.

Comment

I don't really think I can come over there for an extended stay without liquidating some of my assets .

Not for the need of money but for the lack of headache in upkeep while I am away . And also worrying about some SOB trying to break in and steal whatever he can lay his hands on .

I live about 70 miles south of DC , and real estate tax etc will be unbearable very shortly I am afraid .

One of my budds and I have been talking of retiring in Thailand or PI for about 4 years now . He started in on the low cost slant and I for the most part looked at the abundance of PUSSY . But the cost of living there is also an incentive .

I expect should I decide to move there , for the first couple years being unable to hunt or go to the gun club will really really suck

But then I can go into Bangkok and find some sweet young thing to suck me off

I suspect I will most likely end up making a 2 or 3 week trip there sometime soon . And after that I may or maynot be still intrested in retiring there .

Spending the night with Ming 3000BT

Fucking and sucking with Ming .........PRICELESS  :bjgif:  

Comment

(sika @ Sep. 10 2007,21:18) I suspect I will most likely end up making a 2 or 3 week trip there sometime soon . And after that I may or maynot be still intrested in retiring there .

Good move man!

You may not like it in Thailand for whatever reason.

If you can get the time off from work, I recommend as long a trip as possible. Since food and hotel are cheap additional days are not expensive.

As a real hunter, I doubt paintball has much appeal to you but outside Pattaya there is (or used to be a place) where if you splatter the girl in paintball you get to f*ck her.

Have fun!

Comment

(PigDogg @ Sep. 11 2007,13:11) ...outside Pattaya there is (or used to be a place) where if you splatter the girl in paintball you get to f*ck her.
                    Damn - I never heard of that you got any details ?

There used to be a place (PP show), where the LB performers got hard and you got to throw plastic rings and try and get it on their cocks....just like in the country fair back home
                    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Hmmm everything I was finding online was in the 25,000 - 45,000 Baht a month range .

20,000 Baht a month for all living expenses would be a piece of cake  
                      Depends on what you want. You can easily get a studio on Sukhumvit for 6,000 or so Baht even cheaper the further away you go. It will be a bare room, very simple and cleaning may cost you 200 Baht or so a pop. If you run the aircon all day and night that could cost even 5,000 Baht a month depending on what the appartment charges (it is not direct with the Electric company). If you want UBC now True Visions for foreign TV etc that will cost around 1,700 a month, some include this in the rent.

These are apartments and are cheaper than condos, and have no amenities apart from normally a small restaurant downstairs laundry and cleaning services.

For something much more decent but still cheap but with pool etc then count on min 20/25,000 per month rent.

One option, if you decide to stay, would be to buy. You could buy a nice condo for 6 million up plus if it is centrally located you could still leave and rent it out for a good rate. I saw an amazing house the other day that is 10 mill furnished by an interior designer, designed by a trendy architect  and in a great location on Sukhumvit. It really was amazing, massive ceilings, excellent bathrooms even a whole room as a walk in closet.

If you don't mind living outside Bangkok a little you could even buy a house for 2-3 million.

Too many farang keep renting when it would make more sense (over the long term) to buy (condos - land becomes complicated).

As for a bike - be careful. I have been here a long time and have seen so many accidents it is untrue.

Cars are cheap (not imported ones) a BMW 525i would cost around 60,000/month and Honda City probably 6,000 maybe less depending on terms.

If you want to shoot guns you can go to the shooting ranges in Samui, Pattaya etc not sure if they have one in Bangkok but probably.

BTW does anyone else find Bravo's picture to be a little hypnotizing?!

Comment

Sika, have you ever been to Thailand for a visit of any kind, if not you need to come and check it out before you make any kind of decision. If you do come donot stay only in Bangkok and Pattaya you need to look around and see what the place is all about.

Comment

Working...
                        X