X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The King...

I stand up before they play the movies in Thailand. If I'm in a hurry to get home I dont stop when when they play the national anthem at 6pm on the BTS, what does everyone else do?
    When she walks, she’s like a samba
    That swings so cool and sways so gentle

The server that hosts this message board is not in Thailand, right?

Comment

I always stand at movies, I can't remember ever stopping on BTS when they play the anthem.
      Of course I do stop in traffic when the motorcade passes, but its not like I have much of a choice
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I do exactly what the Thais do with the same amount of enthusiam as the Thais do it with!

Comment

Ok, I may stand still from now on, I only reserve that for the Walls man at the moment.
          When she walks, she’s like a samba
          That swings so cool and sways so gentle

Comment

I do as the locals do. Stand at the movies and stop at the BTS if everyone else is. Seems to be a group mentality where, if a bunch of people don't stop, everybody just keeps walking.
            "The Ladyboy Collection- start yours today!"

Comment

Given the very positive influence of the Thai monarchy in life here, and the peoples devotion to the King, I always try to show my respect by doing the same as Thais.
              TT

Comment

when in rome do as the romans do.
                we used to do the standing in uk cinemas, what happened to that??
                just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

I remember in the UK the idea was you rushed out of the cinema as soon as the film was finishing so that you did not get caught by the National Anthem and have to stand still.

In the end they just stopped playing the National Anthem.

RR.
                  Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                  Kahuna

Comment

One of the urban ledgends from the Vietnam era was the guy on R-R who syood up and said f--- the king. As the story goes it cost the Army a Huey to get him out of the country.

Comment

Ditto, just do as the Thais do on each occassion
                      Back in the scene after a couple of years away. And no that does not mean I was residing at her majesty's pleasure. God it is good to be back among the girls with that bit extra!

Comment

Yes it is about respect in someone elses country. So pretty much do what the Thais do.

Although always good to ask someone what the most polite course of action is.

Comment

I have no idea what you guys are speaking of .

But I take it to be the correct protocol , for the Thai national anthem and when the King's motorcade passes ?

I also take it that they play the national anthem at the beginning of all movies in the theaters ?
                          Spending the night with Ming 3000BT

Fucking and sucking with Ming .........PRICELESS  :bjgif:  

Comment

Yep... thankfully it's the short version!

Comment

(sika @ Sep. 10 2007,05:29) But I take it to be the correct protocol , for the Thai national anthem and when the King's motorcade passes ?

I also take it that they play the national anthem at the beginning of all movies in the theaters ?
                              Hello Sika,

Yes they play the National Anthem before each movie and at 6pm each night on many TV and radio stations just before the evening news.
                              It's also broadcast on the BTS (the Bangkok rapid transit) PA system at 6pm.

The King has his own Royal Anthem which is played only for him.

RR.
                              Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                              Kahuna

Comment

Working...
                              X