X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressed Air

Thailand is a pretty dusty place which is not so good for electrical equipoment particularly my laptop. I have looked everywhere for this but for some reason it is ver hard to find in Thailand.

Firstly anyone where I can get it in Bangkok? Or if not then if someone can do me a favour and bring a few cans of the stuff when they visit next and I will happily reimburse you for the costs as well as a few thank you beers at Guess.

Let me know if you can't find any there Oz...I arrive on Sept 5...I'll bring a couple cans...
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

I'll bring some too, but are you allowed to carry it on a plane? thought it was banned.
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Look at Office world - part of central retail - ie within central world plaza - they sell it (office supply store)

Also Makro's ofshoot called 'office centre' but very few branches in central BKK. You might also find it in Robinson at Suk Soi 19 at the office supply/artwork place on the 3rd floor.

Cheers
        Mardhi

Comment

OK went to Central World Plaza today and nobody knew anything about and Office World. Finally found B2S and the office supplies on the second floor but even after asking 5 different people in Thai and English as well as spending an hour in the store myself I could not find it.

Also did the same in Power Buy on the 4th floor so my conclusion is no compressed air to be in found in Central World Plaza.

Comment

Ozzie, was in Robinson's Sukhumvit Soi 19, they did not have any in their office/computer supplies section.

I will ask my friend in Pantip Plaza he runs a laptop shop - maybe he can tell me where to get some in Bkk.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
            Membership Levels
            The Rookie Thread
            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(rxpharm @ Aug. 16 2007,01:31) Ozzie, was in Robinson's Sukhumvit Soi 19, they did not have any in their office/computer supplies section.  

I will ask my friend in Pantip Plaza he runs a laptop shop - maybe he can tell me where to get some in Bkk.
              OK thanks I have looked around Pantip twice in the past but never found it. Most recently last week. However of course it might me tucked away in some corner shop somewhere.

Cheers

Comment

Well, they do use it in Panthip in some of the PC 'fix-it' shops because when I take my laptop in for a cleaning they bring out a can and squish away. (I insist on sitting there watching them clean my computer. It's interesting to see it dismantled from top to bottom, cleaned then re-assembled!)

Never thought to ask them where they got it but the small computer maintenance shops on the top floor would probably be your best bet. By the way - the 511 bus from across where you live will take you right outside the Panthip Plaza front door (and back again!)

Comment

They use it in Puntip as Stogie says. My preferred shop is Adtech on 2nd floor, near the parking entrance. No idea where they get it from, but of course, ask them. PS --- it is the most trustworthy and competent place I found in Puntip after 4y of searching. Ask for Khun Thaksin.

Comment

Ozzie, my friend checked a few of the shops but found no one using the compressed air. I went to Pantip today and checked a couple of shops myself.

I found a product that might be what you are looking for - it is called Kloud Dust Remover - I found it in 2 shops. The first shop is Floppy Disk System Co. Ltd, Room 401 (4th floor) Pantip Plaza phone number 022549797 ext. 2276. To get to this shop - look for the Benq shop and the hallway to the left - go straight and you will see it at the end of the hall. It cost 200 Baht for a 220 ml can at this shop.

The second shop is pc Anywhere Ltd. Part. room 276 (2nd floor). Phone 02254-9797 ext. 4401. It cost 275 Baht for a can here. This shop is located by the down escalators.

I am not 100% sure this is what you need, but it seemed like it.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                    Membership Levels
                    The Rookie Thread
                    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

have you tried mushy peas ?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Agian Ozzie, if you can't find any in LOS, shout and I'll see if I can smuggle a couple cans through in my check thru luggage...
                        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(ozzie @ Aug. 15 2007,22:26) OK went to Central World Plaza today and nobody knew anything about and Office World. Finally found B2S and the office supplies on the second floor but even after asking 5 different people in Thai and English as well as spending an hour in the store myself I could not find it.

Also did the same in Power Buy on the 4th floor so my conclusion is no compressed air to be in found in Central World Plaza.

Sorry about Central world plaza - but the same store in Pattaya sells it - or at least did. Its also in the Makro office centre catalogue I have but then again thats from 2005 so maybe they dont sell it anymore either.

I suppose there is always the guy at the petrol station with the air tank if you get desperate

Cheers
                          mardhi

Comment

(kahuna @ Aug. 18 2007,00:42) Agian Ozzie, if you can't find any in LOS, shout and I'll see if I can smuggle a couple cans through in my check thru luggage...
                            I am surprised you still have space in your luggage - Jay said she was going to ask you to bring some more pumps from Guess for her. I presume she has not contacted you via any of her staff

Cheers
                            Mardhi

Comment

(kahuna @ Aug. 17 2007,18:42) Agian Ozzie, if you can't find any in LOS, shout and I'll see if I can smuggle a couple cans through in my check thru luggage...
                              Would compressed air be allowed in hold luggage Kahuna  I thought those type of items were a not allowed as KL said earlier.

Comment

Working...
                              X