X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Companies in Thailand

So I know the rules for non-US citizens starting a company, however, Americans can start and have majority ownership in Thai based companies. In fact, they can own near 100% as far as I know.

Anyone know the rules & regs about this?

I am thinking of starting a company using an American friend, to bypass the majority Thai ownership issue.

US Citizens can set up a company using the US-Thai Treaty of Amity which allows them to own it 100%. Contact the American Chamber of Commerce on Wireless Road in Bangkok and they can give you more info. - http://www.amchamthailand.com
    Back in the scene after a couple of years away. And no that does not mean I was residing at her majesty's pleasure. God it is good to be back among the girls with that bit extra!

Comment

The treaty of Amnity was supposed to expire a few years ago, because it was incompitible with WTO rules. BUT I don't know if that actually happened or not. I talked to 3 lawyers and got 5 different answers. But I never did contact the Chamber of Commerce. which in hindsght is what I should have done.

You should look at Bureu Of Investment, BOI, www.boi.go.th
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

By the way treaty companies have no ability to own land - just incase your thinking of that use.... Sometimes, 51% thai shareholders are pretty handy - just look at the former PM - he had most of his wealth held by his maid and driver......

Cheers
        Mardhi

Comment

Lot's of good stuff here--> http://bia.serverbox.net/003.html

The U.S.-Thailand Treaty of Amity is still in effect.

Some business types/activities are excluded: communications, banking, any type of agriculture (even salt farming is prohibited).

Comment

Working...
          X