X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Up to you!"

I've read many times that "mai pen rai" is a phrase that best capture the "Thai attitude". How about "up to you"?
    Is this just what punters hear from providers, or is this another Thai attitude? I'd like to hear especially those living in the land of mai pen rai now.
    As an Asian myself, I know in general, Asians prefer to keep face (for everybody) first, avoiding confrontation, but later really do just what is best for themselves - here cross-cultural human nature still dictates. :-D However, saying up to you all the time is something gone even further.

And your point is

Comment

(pentire @ Jul. 22 2007,06:41) And your point is
      I am not making a point. It was a question :-). I am asking if the phrase "up 2 u" is used by average Thai people?

Comment

I would not say the "up to you" phrase is that common among regular Thais who speak English. Now, I am not sure if there is a Thai equivalent - but if the English speaking Thais don't use it much, I would say that it probably isn't commonly used in Thai either.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

'Up to you' is widely used in my experience and in Thai is pronounced "Lao Tay Koon!"

Comment

(lostinlos @ Jul. 22 2007,00:28)
            I am not making a point. It was a question :-). I am asking if the phrase "up 2 u" is used by average Thai people?
            Yes it is at beer bar level.  And do you know what annoys Thai people    When you say it to them before they say it to you.

Comment

(pentire @ Jul. 22 2007,18:49)
              (lostinlos @ Jul. 22 2007,00:28)
              Yes it is at beer bar level.  And do you know what annoys Thai people    When you say it to them before they say it to you.
              I always like to get an "up to you" in early... usually after asking the GG/LB "you pay bar?"

gotta fuck with their heads a little!
              No honey, no money!!

Comment

(lostinlos @ Jul. 22 2007,05:53) I've read many times that "mai pen rai" is a phrase that best capture the "Thai attitude". How about "up to you"?
                Is this just what punters hear from providers, or is this another Thai attitude? I'd like to hear especially those living in the land of mai pen rai now.
                As an Asian myself, I know in general, Asians prefer to keep face (for everybody) first, avoiding confrontation, but later really do just what is best for themselves - here cross-cultural human nature still dictates. :-D However, saying up to you all the time is something gone even further.
                One interpretation of "up to you" is that its up to you to have 'game' and know just what the hell you're doing.

They're not going to tell YOU what a enticing offer is to them, for instance.

Thailand Joe

Comment

Its always up to me anyway, that means its easier to decide where we are going, eating, seeing etc.
                  seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

its only up to you if its where they want to go
                    just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

My misses had a pop at me the other day because I seem to have got in the habit of saying "up to you" constantly. I said to her "well where you think I got it from", then she said "up to you" and I said "up to you jing", then she said muppet and I said "up to you"
                      hardpaolo

Comment

Working...
                      X