• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Food

Do you guys eat street food?

Ever get sick from it?

Particular types to avoid?`

Drink free water or pay for bottled?

I eat street food with the girl friend, I will not eat the fruit in the push cart. My 3 rd trip back I decided That I would not get sick again and have not been sick in Thailand since.

Last Nov. went to Burma and my driver from another trip there took me to breakfast needless to say I still had the trots a week later.

Comment

Will do sometimes, but usually not.

The closest i get to "street" food is the Hawker centre at the end of Soi 3 or the one outside Guess.
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

street side food like on Sukhumvit after 1AM...sure I eat it. Satays cooked in front of Big Dogs(10 baht each) sure I eat those too.....First trip I was so paranoid I used bottled water to brush my teeth. Now I use the tap water but still drink bottled in my room. Just be sure to keep your Hep A vacination updated....
        ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

I never eat Thai street food and I only drink bottled water with the seal still intact.

I do, however, quite often have one of those delicious chicken kebabs from that shop on Soi 3 opposite The Akbar Indian restaurant.

Comment

I eat street food at my favourite vendors that I have frequented over the years, and also drink the water they provide me with the meal, touch wood never had a problem and must say the food is quite delicious.

If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Comment

Yep always eat street food, but try to go where local people go with their kids, on the assumption you wouldn't/don't knowingly eat where your kids could have the remotest chance of getting sick. Seems to have worked so far.

Comment

Nice theory, but unsound. Thai kids can deal with all kinds of things that will send you and I to the bathroom. Their resistance to unhygenic food is a world apart from our own sensitive dispositions.

But I agree that migrating to where the locals eat (or at least to the busiest places you can see) probably gives you better odds of getting better quality food and surviving illness.

Comment

I have eaten street thai food a few times and would do all the time, but unfortunately it tends not to agree with my "back passage" so I just sit there and watch my girl eat nowadays
                  Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                  Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

I eat street food nearly every day and never really had a problem except for the occasional extra visit to the bathroom because I put too much chilli in my guai tiao.

I have bee bed ridden on 2 occasions whilst in Thailand and both were after eating at so called good restaurants.

Comment

I do sometimes, the steam corn for 10 Baht is one of my favorites, also there is a particular stand just by the Bkk Bank opposite soi 11 Sukhumvit that sells steamed Chinese sticky rice with pork, peanut filling wrapped in leaf. Delicious and 15 baht each. Aside from that only very occasionally. One time my ex-gf and I had noodle soup from one of her favorite sidewalk cafes was sick all night and on toilet for 2 days, just before flying back to work. She was also sick for a day.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                      Membership Levels
                      The Rookie Thread
                      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I used to love the dried squid and the chicken kebabs .......
                        until one nite I awoke and left my bed like a rocket and just made it to the throne for what felt like a flock of starlings leaving my ass
                        all kinda embarrasing when you ,ve got someone you only met a few hours ago in your bed laughing .... Jimmy I tell you too spicy for you !!!

never again
                        Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Had nearly the same jim

Her request was for me to try "spicy" thai food to which my reply was

You want me toilet 2 days
                          Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                          Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

6 months in Thailand, India and Sri Lanka and ate street food everyday - often without a real choice to do otherwise. Bottled water for drinking and have all shots up to date with hep A, B immunity... That said, we both had the shits for 6 months and giardia about 4 times each...

Will we learn, doubt it.. The food is so good and I'm just addicted to a stinking hot feed... Call us idiots but we'll do the same again next year - gotta love antibiotics and gastrostop ....

PC

Comment

On a trip to kanchanaburi a year ago me and the girl friend stopped at a little roadside restraurant. She looked over everything and made the selection. I picked up on the server asking her what will the falang eat? the girl friend says he eat same same me.
                                I love hot food which surprises many Thais. In New Mexico we have a very spicy and hot cusine so Thai food isn't a stretch. I do after about a week in bangkok cut back for a few days and start again.
                                On  road trip this last time stopped at a gas station and they had some great steamed buns filled with pork, those bad boys would melt in your mouth.
                                Just because you are at home don't think you are safe some of the worse cases of the runs have been aquired at restraurants in the states. Ecoli has become epidemeic in the states when that shit hits people die. I love rare hamburger but never again.

Comment

Working...
                              X