X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price per Rai

So I know this is a near impossible question, but I ask anyway...

What's the average price per Rai in say:

-Eastern Pattaya
    -Si Racha (outside city)
    -Nakon Si Tammarat (by the ocean)

Or, maybe a more sensible question would be, how can I find this on the internet for certain sections of certain cities?

Ziggy, I think there would likely be more information on the Thai websites for this sort of thing - so you would have to ask May to search for you. There are probably Thai real estate listings on the net. The other recourse is to check with real estate agents, but I get the feeling that as a farang you may not get the real prices when you walk into their offices.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

The price will vary by a large amount even within a small area for two reasons.

Firstly Thai land laws are almost a feudal as the UK laws were up to and shortly after WW1.
      You can have the situation that someone has legal title to use the land as their own but they cannot sell it or pass it onto others in any way.
      Most farm land in Thailand is held on this basis. The real owner will normally be either be the government or a sort of local land co-operative which is effectively the local council.
      Any land to which a good saleable title is held will be worth many times more.
      Even then the owner may well set a price that has more relation to what they think you can pay rather than the true value of the land.

Secondly Thailand has a sort of zoning system in place which proscribes what sort of buildings can be built in which areas.   At least that is the theory
      It does not apply all across the country I do know but probably only in the 'hot spots' ie. Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket etc.
      Also as is typical in Thailand it only applies if you don't have money/connections etc.  TIT  

If anyone is serious about buying land I would say get a decent lawer.  At least in Thailand they are relatively cheap    

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

Working...
      X