X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamic Jihadi terrorists

I've been reading the website www.thereligionofpeace.com and they list every news report of Islamic attacks that go on around the world, updated several times throughout the day.

I was surprised to see that there are many more attacks happening on a regular basis than we ever hear about on the news here (US). I think if we got these reports daily along side the US body count in Iraq, people would be a lot more pissed off about terrorism.

One thing that pisses me off is Islamic apologists who claim that Jihadis are angry about oppression or something like. But from reading these reports, Muslim terrorists are killing other Muslims, Christians, Copts, Hindus, and Buddhists.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you can see the whole running count. There is an attack or two every single day in Thailand, usually consisting of Islamic Jihadis just driving up and shooting Buddhists walking to school.

As far as I know, Buddhists have never had an army, occupied any territory, or held any colonial or imperial lands. I can't think of a more peaceful group.

I'm getting increasingly aggitated about terrorism. Mind you, I don't care of someone is a Muslim, just like Christianity or Judaism, all invisible-people-in-the-sky religions sound ridiculous to me. What I do care about is people who would gladly sever my head from my body on live TV.

Anyone here living in Thailand can shed a little light on the daily terrost attacks there? Where are Yala and Narathiwat? Any other info to share or more perspective would be appreciated.

I get regular updates from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade as follows;

Southern Provinces -Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat and Songkhla: We strongly advise you to reconsider your need to travel at this time to the southern provinces of Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat and Songkhla, or overland to and from the Malaysian border through these provinces due to high levels of ongoing violence in these regions, including terrorist attacks and bombings resulting in deaths and injuries on an almost daily basis. An Australian was one of seven people injured in a bomb blast in Yala province on 22 May 2007. On 5 May 2007, nine people were killed in a bomb attack and shooting in Yala. Gunmen attacked a passenger van killing eight and injuring two in Yala province on 14 March 2007.

Since 15 March 2007, a curfew has been imposed from 8pm to 4am in the districts of Yaha and Banang Sata.

On 18 and 19 February 2007, a series of 38 bomb attacks and around 26 arson attacks took place in Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat and Songkhla provinces resulting in approximately 72 casualties including seven deaths. Targets included entertainment venues, power grids, petrol stations, telephone lines and other commercial sites, including a department store. The targets of the arson attacks included two government schools and Narathiwat central mosque.

Ask yourself whether, given your own personal circumstances, you are comfortable travelling to these provinces knowing that there is a very high threat from terrorism and you may be caught up in a terrorist attack. Ask yourself whether travel could be deferred or an alternate destination chosen. If, having considered these issues, you do decide to travel to these provinces, you should exercise extreme caution.

On 15 June 2006, there were at least 50 explosions at 29 locations throughout southern Thailand, killing three people and injuring at least 25. On 1 August 2006, there were more than 100 violent incidents, including at least 40 explosions. On 2 August 2006, a further three explosions resulted in three fatalities. On 16 September 2006, there were coordinated bomb attacks in the commercial centre in the southern city of Hat Yai, Songkhla Province, killing four and injuring more than 60 people, including a number of foreigners.

In April 2005, bombs were detonated in Songkhla at the international airport, a hotel and a department store resulting in the deaths and injuries of a number of people. Further attacks could occur at any time, anywhere in Thailand. Special security measures have been introduced at all airports in Thailand since the bombing of the airport. On 19 July 2005, the Thai Government declared a "severe state of emergency" in the provinces of Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat.

Since January 2004, there have been almost daily attacks in Thailand's southern provinces, including arson, explosions, shootings, stabbings and beheadings. Targets have included civilians and members of the security forces, tourist hotels and bars, cinemas, shops, marketplaces, supermarkets, schools, transport infrastructure and trains. More than 2100 people have reportedly been killed and many more injured. Some foreign citizens have been killed and injured.

Terrorists have targeted railways in southern provinces and have warned foreign tourists not to travel to these areas. Further terrorist attacks cannot be ruled out and could occur at any time, anywhere in Thailand.

Cheers
    Koykaeng
    Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

The new Thai government have done and excellent job in supressing information about 'the troubles' down south. Their patience is fast running out too. After the coup there was a deliberate effort to embrace the concerns of the south but people who believe in mumbo jumbo aren't rational so there's not a lot that can be done.

Making this stuff public is a double edged sword as these God freaks court publicity by their actions, but then maybe citizens should know what is happening in their own country.

The truth is that Muslims are a dangerous breed of agressive primatives. The fundamentalists are the worst of course, but there are also a huge amount of regular Muslim followers who see the Western lifestyle as a curse and instead of going back to live in there own happy paradise of poverty and oppression called Africa and The Middle East they want to make the world as joyous as their own fleapit crapholes.

Muslims and Christians are a credible threat to your safety and freedom. They are irrational and mentally sick people. They worship ghosts over their own families and use fear, violence and oppresion to crush all those that dare doubt the existance of thier 'clowns in the sky.'

Thank heavens for Thailand... well, most of it!

Comment

, Yeah, what he said!
        We've got the bastards here in the states as well, but they're mostly of the Christian Variety. Fuck them.
        I remember hearing a story about a bunch of jihadi fucktards that attacked a police station in (Thialand?) and the Buddhist cops killed every last one of the vile things. I'm glad the bastards got what was coming to them.
        "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
        Salin' on a summer breeze
        And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
        -Harry Nilsson

Comment

Well for what ever reason there have always been terriost. In the late 1800s and early 1900s there was a spate of anarchist activity in Europe it was one of these folks who killed the archduke Ferdinand that started WW1.
          It's nothing new just a new form of violence for a different reason by a different group of people.

Comment

I don't know that in the 1800's or 1900's it existed in such frequency.

People used to just fight plain old wars.

Check out that website I mentioned for verified stats on how many attacks there are every week, month, year; the comparison of Islamic Jihad to the Spanish Inquisition, the American KKK, and the American capital punishment.

Read the list at the bottom of the daily ongoing attacks and ask yourself if you've heard about any of these on the news.

Comment

Your got yer Mother in a whirl
              Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

I'm not sure what that means.

You don't care if Islam takes over the rest of the world?

You're not concerned that they would gladly cut your head off on TV to make a point?

Comment

Years ago the news reported that were I live was targeted for 2 nukes ( we have a national lab that does nuclear bomb work and also store most of the US bombs here) my son became very nervous about this I think he was 7 or 8 years old. I ask him what he did everyday that was danderous, he says cross a 4 lane street to get to school. he understood then some things as an individual he had some control over, crossing a 4 lane street he could be careful about but worring about 2 nukes targeted on our city no control what so ever so why worry.
                  Not that I am minimizing Islamic terriost, they do pose a problem but the 2 120lb. boilers I operate everyday pose a more eminate danger to me.
                  Take care of what you can control and let the rest be. Some little shit in south Thailand I have no control over, other than not going there.

Comment

In many ways Moe I agree with you. Yuo may remember someone here preachiing doom and gloom about the bird flu and I laughed it off, with him telling me I would rue the day.

My likelihood of being wiped out by terrorist attack is very, very, very low. That's not really my concern. Unlike the bird flu, terrorists are living breathing sentient beings with a GOAL.

My concern is my government, or the citizenry that direct it, will be inadequately informed or aware of the issue. There are hundreds of Jihadi attacks every week, there have been over 8,700 since Sept of 2001.

Those aren't being reported on the news (here at least). I am talking about people who want the whole world to be run under Islamic law. They've done a pretty good job of taking over a major portion of the world with homogenic control, and they're working hard at eliminating Israel to make the plan complete. They are not going to stop at a given border.

My interest is in whether or not people are going to recognize this threat. I'm much more intent on keeping an eye on this than SARS or avian flu.

Comment

Bombs again found in central London -and we have to put up with this?

Maybe the risk is minimum and we should take care of imminent risk, but i for one am fed up with these islamic Jihadists and something needs to be done now.
                      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Muslims would have you believe that not all Muslims are terrorists yet these days every terrorist caught or identified is a Muslim.
                        Thier leader Mohammed married a 7 year old girl when he was 44 years her senior then when the girl was 9 he consumated the marriage, this to me makes him a Pedophile and the Dumb followers I bunch in the same mind set.
                        The Russians had the right idea with the Muslim terrorists they killed at the Cimema hostage siege, they buried each terrorist in a body of a pig then said now go and say hello to Alah.
                        We in the west are way to soft on dealing with these scum.

If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Comment

(BigTel @ Jun. 30 2007,18:35) Muslims would have you believe that not all Muslims are terrorists yet these days every terrorist caught or identified is a Muslim.
                          Your reasoning is fallacious (Ad Hominem Tu Quoque) ... you only catch the terrorists because they are the ones you want to catch

If you use that logic, then you be rounding up all the Christian nutsos in the US as med clinic bombers.

Comment

Could you detail some of these "all the Christian nutsos" ?

I can think of one. Maybe two.

There have been 8,700 islamic jihadi attacks since 2001. This isn't a spotty thing. It's an every day occurance. If christians were blowing up med clinics every day I assure you we would know about it.

Comment

Bomb attack at Glasgow airport.

4 Terrorists, trying to be saved from a burning car, kicking and fighting those who try and save them, chanting "Allah!" - no need for racial profiling here.

When are these do gooders going to stop and say enough is enough, and start interning ALL the families of those caught with terrorist ties, or just send them back, one and all, from where they came.
                              seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Working...
                              X