X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Praise of DJ's

Ok this isnt really much of a trip report , i live the here so its all just part of life mostly but ,, i just want to sing the praises of 2 outstounding DJ's which i have been privilidged to see during the past 2 nites in Bangkok .

March 1 ,, Laurent Garnier ,, firstly at Bed Supper Club Sukhumvit Soi 11 , and then after he had finished his set which was at least 150 mins , he went to the Tunnel Club Lang Suan Soi 5 and thrilled us lucky enuff to be there for another 60 mins . He is a Genius , totally fantastic .

March 2 ,, Ferry Costern ,, at Narcisuss Nite Club Sukhumvit Soi 23 for at least 210 minutes , He is a Legend , simply amazing .

If you like your dance music and either of these 2 guys are playing anywhere near you ,, Pay what you need to Pay and Do Not Miss It repeat Do Not Miss It you will not be sorry , it will be as good as your ever going to see .

Thank you both for the most amazing past 2 evenings out will take alot of beating .

Who was your squeeze on those evenings MM...Oh by the way, you should see what I got up to with a certain salon operator in Pattaya

Comment

Hey MM, These guys ever get down to Xcyte or Hollywood in Pattaya?

Comment

Hollywood in Pattaya

Great Show
        Your got yer Mother in a whirl
        Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Yes for the gay community.

Comment

Very Doubtful either of these guys would ever venture outside Bangkok to work their magic , when they are in Thailand that is , these guys play 1 or 2 clubs a week in Major Cities all around the world .

My squeeze for thoose evenings ,, picture below taken with a phone sorry for the pic quality .
            Attached Files

Comment

Comment

I guess this will show my age and the fact that I don't hang out in dance clubs but what the hell does a DJ do besides play music? Never would of imagined it would require the type of skills that a club would pay someone to travel around the world just to DJ at their club.

Comment

Hey Brother Dog,

It's hard to describe but for me, a great DJ compels me to move even if I've never heard the music before as is the case with allot of techno.

My favorite club is Deja Vu on Bali. It's smallish so world famous DJs won't be there, but the DJ knows how to build a mood, almost contoling your motion. And the waves are breaking on beach with the doors open.
                  lots of available girls and a few warias too. Gets going about 1AM.

Comment

Hey, here we have a man with extraordinary taste!!!! Yes sir, Mr MM, Laurent Garnier is indeed a genius!!! The Bed has always a great line-up. Saw Miguel Migs there about 2 years ago. House at its best guys!!!

.... and where was I?

MK
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Laurent Garnier has a very impressive Discography.

I have a lot of respect for D.J's that have talent beyond spinning vinyl and beat mixing.

"The Man with the Red Face" is still getting radio airplay down in Australia

Cheers
                      Koykaeng
                      Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Hey MM,

I am gutted i mised those 2 great nights in bkk, what the fuck was i thinking staying in huahin lol.

But was good to meet up with you and your squeeze in bkk for a few crazy nights out especially my first night in bkk now there was a night out, and even though you said at the time (must have been about 6 or 7 am) it would be hard to top that night out i had a few more that were right up there, as you know yourself as you were always there lol.

Already plaaning my next trip back and will keep you informed but should be back around August or September, keep up the partying and living the dream you lucky bastard.

C ya soon mate

Mac.

Comment

Great to meet up with you too Mac , yes we had a few wild nites there for sure , all very memorable , well all of the parts i can remember are memorable .

I am sure you have seen Mr Garnier and Mr Corsten before and it wouldnt be too hard to see them again around your neck of the woods , altho seeing them back to back one night after the other , you may never get that opportunity again .

But im sure Hua Hin was alot of fun too    , sorry sometimes my sarcasim gets in the way of my wit .

For sure will see you when you back here Mac . Cheers  

Comment

Forgot to tell you before i left to visit Q bar on thurs night as Sandy Rivera was playing and he is a great dj.

But pretty pointless me telling you now , but i am sure you were out having a great time somewhere while i am back in cold and grey Scotland.

Its gonna be a hard few months being away but next time huahin will not be getting priority over any goods nights out in bkk.

Take care mate

Mac

Comment

Hey did he play any Duran Duran or any ELO/??

Comment

Working...
                              X