Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find the best place to change money in BKK is 'super-rich' in the complex of old shop houses next to Big C and opersite world trade centre. Not many falangs in there, mostly thai's who have business that require changing money. you get a better rate for large demoination notes, so i always take £50's, you get 1-2 baht more for your pound than a thai bank

Comment

Thanks for the advice!!! It always pays to ask those who know

Comment

(larrygold @ Feb. 08 2007,21:58) I was in JFK airport

3- do LBs have any preference dollars or bhat?
        I saw tnose kinds of rates in JFK, what a rip off. That's like a 15% commision.

Thai ladyboys like tp be paid in baht. though one asked me for 1 US dollar as a souvenier.

At the Bangkok airport I THINK all the banks offer the sme rate.

But in Pattaya if you walk around, you might notice a difference between some banks. A one baht difference on a 500 dollar exchnage in Pattaya is worth a roll in the hay.

I've heard this difference might be greater on weekends if there is a big currency swing on Friday in teh US. So especially shop around on Friday, Sat, and Sunday.

Comment

wish the thais would float the baht again . remember last time?? ha ha ha all the money changers closed for a week
          just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

As of Feb 13th the USD is only good for 33.5 Bhat. Thats gonna hurt the next trip
            You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

BBK quotes 35.02. Don't worry about it , it will sort its self out. The Australian dollar bounces all over the joint some times and we have a very stable and good economy. Thailand has a jaunta and a fickle economy, go figure. You are still going to have a great holiday. Airfares and accom deals seem to be getting a bit cheaper , so it all pans out. A couple less beers in the bar, have afew more before you go out and problem solved

Comment

Dam...
                Last Year it was 38 bhat per USD
                now its, 1.00 USD = 32.7496 THB

I wish I got 100,000 Bhat last summer.

You Guys have any ideas for a good rate for a large amount of Bhat?

Comment

We are gonna have to forget Thailand pretty soon and go to the phillipines..
                  jeffreyscott

Comment

Keep    for the   and  then, the £ aint too bad
                    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(limpdick @ Mar. 08 2007,02:50) We are gonna have to forget Thailand pretty soon and go to the phillipines..
                      you have to be kidding . The baht more then likely will trim back. But its a few bucks if your having a hol. If your living here i guess it makes a diff.

IMHO the Phillipines is a dangerous and very over rated hol spot. I use to visit often and do business there. I find LOS more pleasent and not as third worldly.

Plus LOS has Stoogie. By the way SB i never received a Chrisssy card from you this year. Did you get mine.

Comment

Holdin steady  
                        We need a huge rate change or  this next trip is going to have alot less buying power

Comment

Got some good news for you Doc.

Just checked Yahoo Finance at it says the rate is 32.54 baht to the dollar. That's the "offshore" rate or the international biz rate.

But tourists actually get a MUCH more favoralke rate. You can get a rate of about 34.75 baht per dollar just about anywhere.

I don't quite understand it, it seems Thailand is artificially proping up the baht to encorage tourism.

Have other countries done this? China has an artificially undervalued yuan but not sure how to capitalize. You can buy yuan from Everbank, a Florida outfit, but no interest is earned.

If anyone has any links about dual currency pricing please post.

Comment

That is Good news

I need that extra Bhat for economic development soon

Btw...here is the Link I use....
                            http://www.xe.com

Also, PD, Please PM me asap if you are still there

Comment

Live rates at 2007.06.12 05:12:16 UTC  

1.00 USD = 32.6499 THB
                              United States Dollars    Thailand Baht  
                              1 USD = 32.6499 THB   1 THB = 0.0306280 USD

Comment

Not sure why there is a difference, but check a Thai bank's website for the exchange rate and you will see it is better.

Here is the Bangkok Bank's webpage with exchange rate, buying USD at 34.27 as of now.

Bangkok Bank

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                                Membership Levels
                                The Rookie Thread
                                New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                                Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Working...
                                X