X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real estate agents

If this isn't an oxymoron, does anyone know any reputable real estate agents in Pattaya?
    Mister Arse

I have high regard for Mim of NS Travel on Sunee Plaza as a travel agent. I trust her.

She also handles real estate but have not dealt with her in that regard.

Comment

This is just my personal opinion! and it depends on wether you want to buy a house or a condo. Anyway 3 years ago, I wanted to buy a house in Pattaya,. I went to several "exat" real estate agents in Pattaya. In my opinion (im british by the way!) , I went into 2 shops which had british guys as realtors there, and both places were crap.The both guys were full of shit, saying there was no way I could buy a house for 1,000,000 baht! All the houses they had were more expensive they said. (even though they had houses advertised at under that price?)
      I eventually got a new house, on a new development, for 750,000 (ish!) baht. I guess its now worth about 1.2 ish. So if its a house you are after, maybe worth your while looking around developments being built(one word of caution though, if you go down this road, you sometimes have to "pester!", the builders/developers, to "hurry up" the building work!. Probably not much help to you, but good luck anyway!
      sammy555

Comment

Hello Stewart,

I've stepped back fom this one until I saw what some of the replies were..

From personal experience I would say forget trying to find a reputable estate agent.  Find someone you trust to look for you or do it your self.

Herself searched in  the papers and found her appartment in BKK.  In Pattaya I would let Herself do the same.

There is not the same 'code of honour' with regard to buying property in Thailand that there is in the UK.  It's dog eat dog!

PM PigDogg and see what he says about his recommendation.  If you are not impressed  -  go it alone.

You can pick up a property newspaper for about 250-400 Baht and do the phoning yourself.
        OK most will not speak English - but some will and will happily sell to a falang.

All you really need is a decent lawyer  -  this should cost around 3-5000 Baht for an appartment or small house.

RR.
        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
        Kahuna

Comment

Working...
        X