X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baht Bus Prices

Thais are now paying 10 baht on the baht bus.

Baht bus drivers are seeking an increase in the official rate to 20 baht due to the sharp spike in fuel prices.

So then farangs would be paying 20 and Thais 10.

if that's your problem,you should consider staying at home
    no more life without ladyboys

Comment

PigDogg is providing an informational post - not complaining about it. It is a long established practice and fact that farangs pay more than Thais for a variety of things.

Price has been low for years, I am surprised that the price did not go up sooner - still far superior to the Baht prices the Patong Beach taxi mafia charge in Phuket.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(lblavr @ Jun. 07 2008,12:58) if that's your problem,you should consider staying at home
        If the increase is approved I'm on the next flight back home begging for my crappy job back.

Comment

I'm still surprised that there has not been an increase in the Bangkok taxi prices.

Yes I know the majority use gas but the price of gas has increased along with the other fuel prices.

RR.
          Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
          Kahuna

Comment

Beat me to it RR. My thoughts too. I am sure all prices for all transport will be going up soon. Like the Bus and Taxi etc. We all saw tha airfares go up already
            You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jun. 08 2008,02:40) Baht bus drivers are seeking an increase in the official rate to 20 baht due to the sharp spike in fuel prices.
              Just Curious PD, were did you get that info?  Is it official?

Comment

from Pattaya Mail

Baht bus operators await go-ahead for fares increase

Higher gas prices driving down profits

Vimolrat Singnikorn
                Pattaya baht bus operators have lobbied the Department of Land Transportation to be allowed to increase their fares, saying that the legal limit of 5 baht is no longer economical with the increase in the price of gasoline.

Local baht bus drivers have petitioned the Department of Land Transportation for an increase in fares.

Chairman of the Pattaya Baht Bus Cooperative Chamlong Sukprom said that at present there are more than 700 members providing services for short and long distances in Pattaya City and that they are suffering from the increase in gasoline prices, which is affecting all daily expenses for Pattaya residents.
                Chamlong said that the cooperative is waiting to be given the go-ahead to increase fare prices upwards, having originally submitted a request to the Department of Land Transportation in February.
                He said it is not yet clear by how much the fares would be allowed to be raised, but that a survey is being undertaken on the distances vehicles travel on their routes in an attempt to set an impartial figure for both the operators and the public.

http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd5

Comment

(Road Runner @ Jun. 08 2008,17:01) I'm still surprised that there has not been an increase in the Bangkok taxi prices.

Yes I know the majority use gas but the price of gas has increased along with the other fuel prices.

RR.
                  Don't most Bangkok taxis run on propane rather than gas? I know I've seen propane tanks in the trunks of several.
                  “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                  ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jun. 08 2008,08:22)
                    (lblavr @ Jun. 07 2008,12:58) if that's your problem,you should consider staying at home
                    If the increase is approved I'm on the next flight back home begging for my crappy job back.      
                    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(Lefty @ Jun. 09 2008,03:55)
                      (PigDogg @ Jun. 08 2008,08:22)

Yes indeed , one of the funniest things I've read on this forum , PigDogg take a bow
                      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(Lefty @ Jun. 08 2008,18:54) Don't most Bangkok taxis run on propane rather than gas? I know I've seen propane tanks in the trunks of several.
                        Propane:-  C3H8

Commonly called LPG  -  Liquid Petroleum Gas!

Though under pressure in the tank of a taxi it will be mostly liquid.

I guess you are thinking of Gasoline or Petrol.

RR.
                        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                        Kahuna

Comment

Taxi cabs here run on CNG. Liquid gas. Some taxi cabs, you can smell the gas because it was not properly installed and as a result every now and then a car has had an explosion

Comment

We white boys have been paying twice the legal limit for a long time now. When the legal price is raised to 10 baht, that is probably what I will continue paying.

Some bozo tried to kite me and another guy for 20 baht each from Pattaya Neua to Mike's on Beach Rd.

Wanker. We just said no and walked on.

ALWAYS pay these guys exact fare. Another friend this weekend had trouble getting 10 baht change from the asshole driver. "No have".
                            "The Ladyboy Collection- start yours today!"

Comment

the Rosa Parks of Thailand!

(and it's not all that different)

If it becomes generally accepted that farangs pay 20 then I'll cough it up. But I'll give my teerak 10 and let her pay her fare herself.

Admittedly this perhaps sets the wrong tone for the beginning of an evening with one's hooker du juor though.

Comment

Working...
                              X