Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you have to question a 10bath rise in a bath bus fare i guess the lb,s have no chance of getting their 1k for their servises..of course they have to put up their fares its not only in the west that the oil prices has hit the roof..even my good self has to drop from goin 5 times a year to 4 wit the soring costs..

Comment

Im sure you are always busy in your line of business though
      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

I guess he likes sex and travel in more ways than one!!!
        I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

taxi prices will be going up in Bkk

not sure the exact date

but the drop will still be B35, but only for one KM.. then it goes up

also, the rate per KM is going up one baht per KM

there is a graduated system for this

like the first 10 KM are 5.5 baht per KM

then the next 10 are 6.5 bhat per KM

forget the exact break points, but you should know that the rates are going up so that you don't get pissed off when that taxi from the airport costs more than your last trip

Comment

On a related issue with public transportation in Pattaya...

I welcomed the arrival of a small but new and clean fleet of 'meter taxis' onto the streets of Pattaya until I found out they were not 'meter taxis' at all - but air conditioned rip off merchants who won't take a break from their kerb side checkers and cheap whiskey for less than 150 baht!

Thais will never ever get what it means to provide western style service and amenities. It's just not something they can grasp.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jun. 26 2008,10:55) air conditioned rip off merchants who won't take a break from their kerb side checkers and cheap whiskey for less than 150 baht!
              If these fellas are doing a little drinky drinky on the job, not sure I'd want to pop into one of these taxis at any price! Thai driving is hectic enough as-is when they are sober!
              I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(bkkpaul @ Jun. 26 2008,10:37) taxi prices will be going up in Bkk

not sure the exact date

but the drop will still be B35, but only for one KM.. then it goes up

also, the rate per KM is going up one baht per KM

there is a graduated system for this

like the first 10 KM are 5.5 baht per KM

then the next 10 are 6.5 bhat per KM

forget the exact break points, but you should know that the rates are going up so that you don't get pissed off when that taxi from the airport costs more than your last trip
                This is still extraordinarily cheap when you compare it to anywhere else in the world basically. Whenever I go to BKK I take taxis EVERYWHERE, although mostly its to avoid the oppressing heat. Its been awhile since I last took a taxi in SF, but if I recall correctly our drops (at current FX rates) are about 160 baht equivalent to start and probably run you 25-30 baht per KM!
                I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Jun. 30 2008,03:33)
                  (stogie bear @ Jun. 26 2008,10:55) air conditioned rip off merchants who won't take a break from their kerb side checkers and cheap whiskey for less than 150 baht!
                  If these fellas are doing a little drinky drinky on the job, not sure I'd want to pop into one of these taxis at any price! Thai driving is hectic enough as-is when they are sober!  
                  Or the motorbike taxi's who are fond of a few other .....emmmm ...... stimulants
                  Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Working...
                  X