Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on now guys......you get to fuck anything that moves in Patts and it is a great place. If you get into some shit then so be it...handle it like a man and get on with some more shaggin!!

Comment

The original thread topic was "Low Season in Pattaya".

It really is low season - I was in a normally crowded popular beer bar on 2 nd Road at 5.00pm.
      12 Customers with 24 ladies serving!

Later I stopped off in Naklua - VIP complex Soi 29/1. I was the only customer at 8.00pm

Many things have impacted Pattaya - it is 90% geared to tourism and increased air fares and poor exchange rates combined with the 'recession in Europe/USA' have all impacted visitor numbers. Surprisingly the Golf courses are busy.

Many people dislike Pattaya and I can appreciate their point of view.
      If you want trouble you can find it anywhere but you can also have a good time in Pattaya. It is cheaper than many other resorts BUT it IS a RESORT town, so it can be a bit in your face. Other cities/towns with regular business's have a different image and feel. A bit like comparing Las Vegas to San Francisco.

Low season makes the 'workers' more hungry, which can be seen as aggressive but, in low season, they get really fed up - smiling and talking to a decreasing number of 'customers' who all want a bargain.

The Good news is that in Low Season it is a Hunter's paradise but stay out of trouble.

Many people go to Pattaya and have a great time and no problem.
      A smaller number of people just seem to find trouble where ever they go - such is life.
      This forum is full of good advice on "Do's and Dont's" and following them will make any visit easier.

Comment

Rossco,

Is this "low-Season" any worse than other low seasons?
        seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

IMHO I think this is a tougher year for bars when they work on relatively small margins and rely heavily on an influx of tourists.

In Bangkok you have 'other' businesses and people creating demand - Pattaya is 99% dependent on tourists.

This year, for many reasons, the profile of tourists has changed. Less traditional westerners and more Russian/Korean and Chinese. This group do not frequent the bars like westerners do - language and culture.
          Try doing a poll here on how many Russians are on this forum?

They eat and drink in their own restaurants and are more inclined to buy Vodka at a 711 and drink, with their countrymen, in a room/condo. They do go to GG GoGo bars (Walking St) to pick up a lady or two but you do not see groups of them in the regular beer bars etc

So traditional western tourism is down - exchange rates, increased air fares and economic pressures back home - mortgages, lending rates, credit card debt, reduction in house values all have a huge impact on luxury spending and tourism generally. I hear, from friends in Europe, that even domestic European vacations are down - seems people just do not have the money.

So Yes I think it is a very poor low season. I was in Sally's bar in Jomtien late last week in the afternoon - I was the only customer no matter that the beer is cheap and the game of pool is free.

Spasiba

Comment

Oil prices up, toughest inflation in 30 years, decreasing income, higher deductions from income for health insurance and retirement, jobs at stake everywhere, the big depression waiting around the corner, total political lethargy - that's, for example, Germany these days.

Many "average" people refrain from travelling ashore; they try to keep their money together because they sense the party is definetely over. Even the football euphory is more like panem et circensis. It barely can cover the fact that we are going down.

Guess that's one reason for the lack of tourist from EU in Pattaya.

Comment

Hallo A/P Grüße aus Deutschland,
              Aktiv/ Passiv you couldn't´t compare Germany and EU for example with US. I didn t feel any depression and for westerners especially EU/ Germans the prices are still extremely low(Hotels / drinking etc.). Guess most of them didnt travel during low season , more at high season this year.
              Cheers

Comment

Yeah, let's hope it becomes more vivid during high season. Will be there myself at christmas for the first time.

Comment

I have recently returned from phuket and pattaya and the low season seems worse than usual...

However, i had no problems with poor behavior from ladies due to the lack of customers

And things will return to normal as the world economy bottoms out and things improve again....

As for Pattaya, i used to think it was a shithole too...but its grown on me since my first visit.

It is what it is, we all know it, so if you don't like it, stay away and don't moan!!

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(azza33 @ Jun. 30 2008,12:18) As for Pattaya, i used to think it was a shithole too...but its grown on me since my first visit.

It is what it is, we all know it, so if you don't like it, stay away and don't moan!!
                    Good advice!

Unfortunately for the world, especially my fellow chaps in the good ol' US of A, I think things are going to get worse before they get better sadly.
                    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Jun. 30 2008,13:19) Unfortunately for the world, especially my fellow chaps in the good ol' US of A, I think things are going to get worse before they get better sadly.

Luckily for Australia, for the moment, the commodities boom is holding up the economy... but all good things must come to end, its just a question of when...

And dummy_plug is that Hyori in your avatar?

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(*Rob* @ Jun. 30 2008,05:52) EU/ Germans
                        I thought Germany was in EU?
                        "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Unfortunately we are...

Comment

Honestly I never understood why months like June and July have to be low season for a place like Pattaya  
                            I took a TG flight 3 weeks ago from Milan to BKK and it was full full full. There were several single guys with "PATTAYA HERE I COME!!!" well printed on their foreheads. Several families and couples going for holiday and quite a number of people for biz.
                            Last year I took a return flight from Copenhagen to BKK in similar timing and it was everything but empty.
                            Holidays in Europe are on June-July-August...or am I saying something wrong?  
                            Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

(robbo @ Jun. 28 2008,12:42) yes itsa dump.but other parts of the world,its not so bad..............in fact its a great place.............its a relative observation and statement..
                              Yes, it´s better than Somalia, North Korea, Iraq and Germany, but that´s not saying much.
                              For me who like lb´s, if Pattaya didn´t have them, i´d never set foot in that shithole again.

I´m there for the lb´s, nothing else, absolutely nothing.
                              "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(azza33 @ Jun. 30 2008,14:32) And dummy_plug is that Hyori in your avatar?
                                Azza, I'm not sure who it is, but I don't think its Hyori. This girl is supposedly a Taiwanese pop singer, but she wasn't very popular and so she's not very well known. I think her name is Freya Lim.
                                I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X