First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning A Mission to Pattaya...

ok brothers in arms
    going back to Thailand in September
    this time its pure recreation which means i will have the opportunity to go to pataya this time  since the last time i was there was in 1992 and at the time i was still into the girls i think a few things may have changed so heres a few questions

1) recommendations for hotels 1000-2000 bhat range
    clean ladyboy friendly not far from the action

2)what would be a good route for for a fact finding mission on the first night (general plan wander round first night then settle down for some serious action on following nights)

3) good places to chill out in the afternoon with out being hastled by anybody (just a place to sit read a bookand drink and eat)

4)places to avoid tricks and scams to be aware of

i know there is reams of info here in the forum just want some gentle nudges in the right direction so i can focus my research

cheers

In September, the Pattaya Bay Resort still has low season rates and that would be my recommendation.

PBR

First night, check out LaBamba (bar) and Stringfellows (gogo) both on Soi 13/1, a very short walk from the hotel.

Then head down to EZY Bar on Soi BJ off Walking Street.

Give a holler when in town and I can show you some chill out places.

Comment

An alternative hotel suggestion - Sandy Spring in Soi 13. It's in your price range - deluxe seaview room with balcony is 1800. Very nice, clean and airy hotel, well placed for the LB venues and just a minute from both the beach and Second Road, yet it's in a very quiet soi.

Good route for the first night - agree entirely with Pig Dogg's suggestion. I haven't been to EZY yet as it only recently opened but it already looks like a must-do. I'll probably make it my first port of call on my next visit. Those three venues have enough talent to keep you occupied for your whole trip!

Four good afternoon places to chill out -

1. Spaghetti Factory on the corner of Beach Road and Soi Yamato. They'd expect you to buy lunch but that's no great hardship. Great pasta and pizza, not expensive, and the house wine is drinkable and great value by LOS standards. Get a half carafe, have lunch, then get your feet up and watch the passing parade on Beach Road. I've sat there for a whole afternoon with a book and they don't mind at all. It opens onto the street, is spacious and has overhead fans so it's comfortable. Great coffee too.

2. Bodega Bar on Second Road. Very low key bar on the corner. Busy at night but mellow in the afternoon. Get a seat that faces out onto the street. Top class people watching. Hours can pass without you noticing!

3. Jomtien Beach, the quieter bit towards the gay end, to the right of the 7-11 as you face the sea. The beach is nicer, the water is cleaner, the food and drink that they bring you (if you want it) is good and there are much, much, much less passing vendors than on Pattaya Beach. Best of all, if you happen to finish the book you're enjoying, there's a pretty good bookshop right there in the little parade of shops.

4. For a really chilled out afternoon, preferably with a honey with you, head over to Koh Larn. Get the ferry from the far end of Walking Street. It's probably worth splashing out the extra for the motorboat ferries - they go more often and take much less time than the big ones. The motorboats only stop at a couple of beaches, the big ones stop at the central terminal then you get on a baht bus, but all the beaches seem pretty much the same - each has very nice beach, sunloungers and umbrellas which you pay for, a couple of shop shacks and a couple of outdoor restaurants.

Enjoy!

Comment

Excellent beach suggestions by Otho.

In Jomtien by going right at the 7/11 you're in an area that has no cars, the better option. It starts out str8, then starting right before Tui's it gets gay for about 4-5 concessions that back to str8 again.

To get there baht busses queue up at the corner of 2nd Road & Pattaya South Road. When it fills up, it takes off, 10 baht per person. You go over the hill and as soon as it turns left on to Jomtien Beach Road you get off.

Ko Lahn is a nice day trip and the water is clean enough to swim. Many people don't swim in Pattaya and I don't swim in Jomtien either though it's probably OK.

Comment

Thanks for asking the question prof...I'm planning to make my first visit to Pattaya in September (I've always been a Phuket guy) and was looking for the very same type of information.

Pattaya Bay Resort sounds like a good option for me.

Hope to meet up with some BMs on my trip.
          jet712

Comment

nahhhh...just book at hotel jasmine...its next door to EZY bar...and less than 200 m to JSB and Blue ice and linda bar....not to mention all the freelancers at walking street....and prices from 800b a day...
            all the ladyboys i know laughs when we have sex.....no matter what book they read

Comment

Hey Piggdog, couple of questions about Pattaya Bay Resort.
              LB friendly I assume and any joiner fees? For one...two...or more.
              Cheers amigo

Comment

VERY ladyboy friendly and NO joiner fee.

(Read the Pattaya Bay Resort thread in the Travel forum.)

They should charge 500 baht if you have a third person in the room but so far I have never been charged for this.

Comment

Tons of great Information in the threads in the various forums. Read away and discover great ideas, from there make cool plans.
                  Also, try that search tool, it does work well, like a google search right here in the forums
                  You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

The trouble with most of the cheaper hotels close to the action is they don't have parking spaces for guests. Does anyone know a good hotel in the price range already mentioned with a car park for the guests?

Comment

Pattaya Bay Resort has a covered and uncovered secure car park for it's guests. It is also monitored by cameras and guarded 24/7 by security guards who do NOT fall asleep!

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 05 2008,16:50) Pattaya Bay Resort has a covered and uncovered secure car park for it's guests. It is also monitored by cameras and guarded 24/7 by security guards who do NOT fall asleep!
                        With All due respect SB....My Motorbike and I disagree    

Comment

It was caught on camera wasn't it?

Comment

No, it was not
                            You are thinking of the time at my Apt

Comment

You got your bike stolen from the PBR car park? That's some ballsy thief there!

Comment

Working...
                              X