Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sombat/Eric, Cremation Details

Here the info re: cremation etc etc.

His wife Gung and I brought his body yesterday at 15.30pm to "Wat Chai Mongol" Pattaya Tai, His coffin will be on Display until Thursday morning. The cremation proper will take place at 1pm Thursday 11th September. Any Katoeys wishing to come are invited! His wife Gung will be responsible for the first day of laying in state, I and Stringfellows will be responsible for the second day, Wednesday 10th and we will jointly do the Cremation Ceremony on the 11th.

As per instructions from Eric/Sombat;

There will be a wake at the "Canterbury Tales" (Soi Chiayapoon off Soi Buakaow) Starting at 7pm which will include free food and a free drink for everyone!

The disposal of his remains will take place the same day at sunset. A speedboat is to be rented and his ashes released into the bay. Anyone wanting to join can.

Bob, and on behalf of Erics wife Gung.

Well Played Bob , Very Gracious of You , dont think im up for a coffin or a cremation im a wimp , so i will see you and many others i hope at the wake , and i hope to be on the beach to see the speedboat take off and witness Eric final journey and his spirit joining with pattaya's spirit forever .

RIP Eric .

Comment

Change of time for the Wake, new time 3pm!

Comment

I have taken some pics, but I just don't have the time or inclination to post them on umpteen sites so please forgive me for just supplying the url; My Bar Site

Comment

Here are the pictures...

I'll be in Cambodia for the next few days...

Cheers, Eric! Here's hoping for a smooth passage to the next world.

67203.jpg

post-21-2-67203-2.jpg

Comment

Next three pics...

67246.jpg

post-21-2-67246-5.jpg

post-21-2-67246-4.jpg

Comment

Last two pics from Bob's website...

67288.jpg

post-21-2-67288-7.jpg

Comment

Don't know what to say, even though i did not know eric, i will say RIP.
                i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

Thank you, Bob. I was sorry not to join you to pay my respects to Eric. Good guy
                  TT

Comment

Toger/Sombat/Eric was cremated today at 13.30 pm.

I will have one rant and then never speak on this subject again!

I was deeply disappointed about the number of falangs that took the trouble to turn up. None of the so-called LB experts from Bkk or Pattaya bothered to pay their last respects, just sending flowers when you live in Pattaya is cheap in my eyes. As it turned out only 6 showed (incl me). All I can say is "shame on you" !!

Bob (upset)

Comment

As we walked three times around there was a slight drizzle. The casket was closed, the burner door closed, the heat turned on and then the rain thundered down from above.

Been to lots of funerals but this one hit home.  Perhaps because I'm getting older.  Perhaps because Pattaya may be the place where the fire gets turned on for me.

Goodbye Sombat              

Comment

Very sad day when someone gets taken like this and even sadder for me when I know and respect the person. I wish I could have paid my respects in person. Safe passage my friend

Comment

When something like this happens to someone you know it drives home the absolute sense that life is so finite and precious. I keep repeating to myself that I must resolve to live every day like it will be my last on this place.

La Bamba ~ The friendliest (and sexiest) ladyboy bar in Pattaya!

Comment

Well put Sam

Comment

Working...
                            X