X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(swedeman007 @ Oct. 15 2008,22:33)
    (geosight @ Oct. 15 2008,06:18) It just seems a little far fetched that any one person can feel so strongly about a bar and not have a financial/personal connection . I doubt there would be a punter out there that would appreciate having a tip jar thrust upon him on entering a place of business , without services rendered mind you !!!!
    No tip jar is ever thrust upon you when you enter the club. I was at the KC/Obsessions at least once every night during my last trip last month and never did any of the GG force me to tip them. You can gladly say no thank you and they will move on. All this bickering about the tip box is a little overwhelming.

It seems by the poll that almost half of the folks are willing to go back which is a positive response. I think you will appreciate all the work that has been put in to this place. That is if you can get over the tip box and quit counting your measly baht. Like is said in another post, I have thrown some lose baht change that I had in my pocket and the girls walked away happy as can be. Putting 10 or 20 baht in the tip box shouldn't break your little bank or your ego.
    could not agree more
    big boy town is for big boys and learn to say no

Comment

(JackG @ Oct. 17 2008,11:13) Anytime someone asks for a tip or puts a tip jar in your face it is not only bad manners it is bad business.  
      One of the quickest way to drive business away is allowing employees to ask for tips they didn't earn.
      make sure they earn them then ;-)
      it is funny how many people believe they understand business in the east and think they would make a fortune
      its well known that the failure rate for such people certainly in thailands entertainment industry approaches 95%
      i always laugh when these scribes do infact put their money where their mouth is and then cry all the way back to where thy came from
      LOL

Comment

Actually, I also find the tip box at Sizzler (Royal Garden Plaza) rather offensive and have told them so on more than one occasion. But the reason it's there is because in most restaurants you pay at the table. In sizzler you actually pay on the way out.

Whilst I have an understanding of why it's there I still don't like it. I would rather pay and tip at the table.

In Kittens as I understand it, you have the "option" to tip when you pay your tab at the table AND when the extraneous tip box is passed in front of you.

Two things...

This is NOT the way Thais conduct business amongst themselves as previously suggested. It's a deliberate ploy to extract more money from farangs only. Fair enough, but it should be known that if this is adopted as house policy then it hurts repeat custom, and for what? A few baht extra that goes straight to the hassling tip box waver?

Comparing the situation of a go go bar and a family restaurant like Sizzler isn't realistic. Sizzler have a static box at the exit of the restaurant. It's not delivered around the tables like a church collection plate.

I'm not a business person. If it works then don't fight it. When ever I have been there it's always had quite a few customers so I don't think business is hurting.
        I'm really Sexist...

Comment

(verity @ Oct. 17 2008,17:27) i like winding you up because you are so easy
          I would say you're the one being wound up...

Jesus, you reply to almost every post as if your life depended on the success of this bar...But perhaps it does...

Damn, it's just another shit pit bar in Pattaya...A city filled with shit pit bars...

There is no fucking need to make it appear to be Shangri-La...
          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Just a comment on the Tip Box....

whether it is part of Thai culture is really beside the point, none of the money goes to the Club, it is a little extra compensation for the girls who perform in the spa,

not the dancers, not the waitresses but the girls who splash around with each other or with customers, it can be a real eye-opener at times.

We can't begin to know the pressures that the owner of such a large business has to contend with every day,

but I can characterise them by repeating the question demanded of him by senior Thai officials:

"what gives you the right to think you can make money from Thai people?"

Now in navigating such a minefield, if the girls who cavort in the knowledge that they are doing so against prevailing rules, come to him & demand a tip box, he understands the need to compromise to keep them happy.

Our outrage over the this box does not out-weigh the bigger issue. We either choose to accept the position he is in or we don't.

At the end of the day, there is no obligation what-so-ever to place a single baht in the box, but it will not bankrupt any of us if we do.
            Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(verity @ Oct. 17 2008,11:17)
              (daveduke007 @ Oct. 15 2008,18:17)
              (verity @ Oct. 15 2008,08:44)
              (daveduke007 @ Oct. 13 2008,22:43) I was there, don't plan on going back
              yeah i agree those 79 baht beers and all those ladies in the hot tub
              im never going back
              Am I not entitled to an opinion?  

I was there a couple of years ago and not that keen on the place so suffice to say I dont plan on going back ( my g/f at present wouldn't like it also  )  but I didnt say "I'm NEVER going back"

Please gets your "Facts" right before "spouting off" 
              so why not say that you may be going back?
              as oppose to i'm not going back
              you will find theres a difference
              and ofcourse what was anywhere two years ago may not be the same today have you thought of that?
              or was that too difficult?
              As you will also find there is a difference between "Dont plan on going back" and " I'm not going back"

Also I know things can change a lot in 2 years, I'm not a complete idiot nor a newbie to and may have visited if I wasn't with the g/f, so at the moment I dont plan on going back if thats OK

Is that too difficult for you to understand?
              Your got yer Mother in a whirl
              Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(kahuna @ Oct. 17 2008,18:52) Damn, it's just another shit pit bar in Pattaya...A city filled with shit pit bars...

There is no fucking need to make it appear to be Shangri-La...
                At last the voice of reason

There are now no fewer than 3 threads on this place , there's only really so much you can say before it gets really boring .

I wonder what the DJ is like , can he change the record

Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

with you there jim   I cant believe I bit
                  Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                  Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Working...
                  X