X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jomtien Midnight Closing?

Rumor is that Jomtien bars may have to close at midnight in a few weeks.  Think it's been approved by the city council but who knows?

There are few enough reasons to go to Thailand these days. The fools running it are systematically killing themselves!

Oh well, I doubt they give a toss.

Comment

PigDogg that would be really sad if it happens since i use that as my base camp ... fuck knows what i would do for fun when i don't feel like going into pats !!!

Comment

Jomtien has always fallen out of the "nightlife zone" created about 6 years ago by Thaksin - this is long overdue for actually effecting - however its suicide in this economic climate.

So, yes I can believe it, but then again I cannot believe its sensible.

Cheers
        Mardhi

Comment

they keep trying this game down in phuket mainly karon and kata all it means is bar pays police more to stay open for a couple of weeks then it all goes back to norm

Comment

Stogie is right...Just one more reason not to visit LOS, Pattaya and Jomtien...

I hope they wake up and smell the baht soon...

So the solution is, BF the girl before midnight or get lots of mobile numbers...
            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

.. I don't think this will go over well with the locals ther..

Attached Files
              .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

Jomtien has become very much more a family resort and lots of Bangkok families now come down to there at weekends.  They do no use the late bars.
                The Russians are taking over Jomtien and their package tours are ruining local bar business.  All Russians do is walk back and forth from the 7-11 all day buying drink to consume in their rooms. They do not use the bars.

I was told the other day that all Russia Government workers get 2 free air flight tickets to Bangkok per year as part of their salary/bonus.

So basically what all this means is that the bars are floundering having no customers.  They have no money to pay Police or officials to stay open late as a collective.  some bars can raise the cash to pay individual police but they are few and far between.

Jomtien is becoming 'Condoville' and moving away rapidly from any 'Funsville'!

Jomtien twinned with 'Mums and Dadsville'
                Chris

Comment

Working...
                X